PDA

View Full Version : GBA Emulators/Homebrew on the DS Compatability

wraggster
November 20th, 2004, 15:26
Those of you who have a Nintendo DS and also any of the Flash carts available for the GameBoy Advance.
Then please post your findings of which Flash cart works on the DS and also what Emulators/ GBA Homebrew play on the DS.

No Talk about Commercial Games on Flash Carts.

DS_KING
November 21st, 2004, 12:21
The Nintendo DS can play Flash Carts like the X-Rom and also it can play Emulators and gba homebrew games too. most flash carts work but the X-rom for sure.

DS_KING
November 21st, 2004, 12:25
Heres a photo of the DS running Goomba

DS_KING
November 21st, 2004, 12:27
another photo, not mine but its too big not to post the news somewhere

Uzeless
November 21st, 2004, 13:27
The screen looks like it has better clarity than the GBA SP. Is it backlit or frontlit?
Congratulations on your purchase by the way!

wraggster
November 21st, 2004, 14:01
yeah looks sweet

i cant wait to get a hold of mine

timekillr
November 21st, 2004, 15:53
I have a F2A 256mb flash. It runs everything I've thrown at it fine..

I think it's going to handle flashcarts very well.

wraggster
November 21st, 2004, 16:57
any increase of speed?

how do they look on the DS?

bakwardbob
November 22nd, 2004, 12:55
From the emulators that I have tried at this point, there is little to no increase in speed. I have, however seem some graphic glitches on my DS that were not on my SP... But never the less, it runs very well and the screen is so bright and clear you will not believe you eyes.

wraggster
November 22nd, 2004, 13:16
ahhh i need a DS now :)

i wonder once the coders/hackers get going if we will see some way of bypassing the gba speed barrier thing and have full speed Snes/Genesis emulation on the DS

unruhbrady
November 26th, 2004, 18:17
I think Emu on a DS will rock because the resolution is that of an NES. No Scaling!!!
With a DS Flash Card...

Cap'n 1time
November 26th, 2004, 18:56
ahhh i need a DS now :)

i wonder once the coders/hackers get going if we will see some way of bypassing the gba speed barrier thing and have full speed Snes/Genesis emulation on the DS

I could be wrong, but i think the gba hardware is a little differant then the ds hardware. in otherwords one dosnt really affect the other (kinda like the current gba running gbc games). If thats the case then emulators will more than likly just be developed to take advantage of the ds hardware and have absolutly nothing to do with gba.

I guess what I mean is that another project will be started to support the DS hardware rather then the gba emulators being optimized and tweaked to run better.