PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge Launches TV Recorder for video iPod and Sony PSP

wraggster
December 20th, 2005, 22:05
Source - Yahoo (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051219/20051219005545.html?.v=1)

Hauppauge Computer Works, a division of Hauppauge Digital Inc, today announced the release of its new "Wing" software, enabling consumers to record TV shows on a personal computer for playback on the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP), Apple video iPod, and other portable video players. Wing can also be used to convert existing TV recordings to the PSP and iPod format.

Wing is sold as a $24.95 accessory to Hauppauge's PC-based WinTV-PVR personal video recorders. Live TV shows can be recorded with a single click and played on a PC or TV set as well as a portable video player. Wing records in H.264, MPEG-4 and Divx formats, and also will record directly to a recordable DVD disk.

The Wing application comes with three components: a plug-in for the popular TitanTV internet based electronic program guide for automatic recording of TV shows, a plug-in for Hauppauge's WinTV Scheduler for manual TV record scheduling, and an off-line recorder which will turn MPEG-2 videos into any of the formats supported by Wing.

"The emergence of portable video players like the Sony PSP and video iPod has created a demand for an easy solution for recording live TV shows for playback on these devices," said Ken Plotkin, Hauppauge President. "WinTV-PVR's have been very popular for recording TV on PC's, and Wing will be an invaluable tool for the many WinTV-PVR users who also have a portable video player."

Hauppage's Eskape Labs division is also developing a version of Wing for the Apple Mac using the myTV.PVR, the Eskape Labs Mac-based personal video recorder. That product will be released in early 2006.

Wing is available directly from Hauppauge at: www.hauppauge.com/wing

slayer2psp
December 21st, 2005, 00:18
its funny how companys make money off stuff you can do for free already. i have started up a psp school i go to people houses and teach them how to convert video and how to put mp3s on to there psp i charge 20 usa dollars a hour and im doing very well with it people are so clueless they dont know how to use there pc or psp. so its a real easy way to make money thanks sony for making it hard for people to figure out how to put video on the psp

Privateer
December 21st, 2005, 00:39
i have started up a psp school i go to people houses and teach them how to convert video and how to put mp3s on to there psp i charge 20 usa dollars a hour and im doing very well with it people are so clueless they dont know how to use there pc or psp.
!!!

I wish people around here were like that.