PDA

View Full Version : *BIND* Idea for homebrew on 2.50

gotmilk0112
December 21st, 2005, 01:38
get / make a program that adds a digital signature to EBOOT's so the PSP wouldn't see the homebrew EBOOT as "Unsigned" and give the the corrupted data thing and not run it!!!! that way it would see it as "Signed" and run the EBOOT! smart yes? :D

Kaiser
December 21st, 2005, 01:57
Good idea, aside from the fact no one knows the digital signature. The idea has been brought up multiple times.

IndianCheese
December 21st, 2005, 02:04
I know the digital signature! Here it is:

addValue(true)="SONYsucks"
‪‪‪‪‪‪"homebrew">"nohomebrew"
ballsPresent(paramValue=No)
<1.50=true>
<2.50=false>
future();
PSP=false
comment();
// homebrew owns all

And there you have it!

*o*
December 21st, 2005, 10:28
lol good one indian cheese

Samstag
December 21st, 2005, 10:44
get / make a program that adds a digital signature to EBOOT's so the PSP wouldn't see the homebrew EBOOT as "Unsigned" and give the the corrupted data thing and not run it!!!! that way it would see it as "Signed" and run the EBOOT! smart yes? :D

Brilliant! Let us know when you've got it working.

gotmilk0112
December 21st, 2005, 20:22
it was just an idea... im just a 13 year old kid!!! i don't know s**t about coding. :p

bugo
December 21st, 2005, 20:37
I dont thing the way is trying to downgrade, THE REALLY GOOD way is to hack 2.5 and 2.6

Or make a firmware emu just like MPH firmware loader

IndianCheese
December 21st, 2005, 20:46
Basically, this is a McDonald's dollar menu; there are 3 options, and they all have their own little satisfactory, tasty attributes.

1. Hack the versions. This would be the most convenient and easy way to go. As long as we have got the homebrew running, it doesn't matter what version we have.

2. Make a downgrader. This is also a popular idea. "Make some sort of program that takes my version down to 1.50!" Nice idea, but we don't get the new features (i.e. web browser, backgrounds, new games, etc.)

3. Emulate the new versions. This is beneficial for the 1.50 and 1.00 users. Get full emulation of the newer versions to get all of those scrumptious features. Sadly, the owners of the true 2.60 PSPs would not be able to do anything about their versions.

I see the chances of breaking through the lockdown of 2.60 to be slim, but I said the same thing about 2.00; a few months passed and I was enjoying Polygon while able to browse the web.

Produkt
December 21st, 2005, 20:48
Or perhaps a commercial game that fully supports say "Mods" thusly you keep that UMD all the time (i know sad isnt it?) but from there you load a mod, which so happens to be an eboot loader!?

I Hear that a game is being developed in mid for Mod's of the game (look for PC games, this has never really happend for console stuff but because of the memory stick its easily possible.

gotmilk0112
December 22nd, 2005, 01:06
good job IndainCheese!!!! BTW you owe 100$ because there was no downgrdaer by last friday xD. rofl.
i like my idea!
ME : BRILLIANT! :D

one winged angel
December 26th, 2005, 10:46
I hope a coder reads this and try to make it

IndianCheese
December 27th, 2005, 03:44
I am pretty surprised that there isn't a GTA downgrader yet. I mean, there has to be one in the making, right? Fanjita? You never seem to let us down? PLZ LOL LMAO ROFL LOL ok im done

dtale15
December 27th, 2005, 09:47
nice discovery man

gotmilk0112
December 28th, 2005, 14:57
nice discovery man

thanks. but it wasn't really a discovery....it was more like an idea :p
:D :D :D :D

dtale15
December 29th, 2005, 06:28
lol

fabsor
December 31st, 2005, 09:47
As I could recall Fanjita said that the GTA flaw was not complex enough to make a downgrader, but he said that you maybe could make a loader out of it (And as you all know, loaders is fanjitas thing :)

dtale15
January 1st, 2006, 14:02
true

it'd be cool to be fanjita lol everybody that knows anything about psp's know him
lol

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:21
this is a very good idea

IndianCheese
January 6th, 2006, 00:07
As I could recall Fanjita said that the GTA flaw was not complex enough to make a downgrader, but he said that you maybe could make a loader out of it (And as you all know, loaders is fanjitas thing :)

And then the loader could load the version changer, and then the version changer could change the version to 1.00, and then the 1.50 update could be run and bam you downgraded.