PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Collection (PC Engine Best Collection)

wraggster
September 23rd, 2008, 17:53
Newly released today:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/7d/pa.132728.1.jpg

After the Tengai Makyo and Galaxy Fraulein collections, Hudson is releasing another compilation for fans who missed their beloved games from the PC Engine era.

The soldier collection is one of the best examples of shooting games from the golden years of the PC Engine and in this Sony PSP revival, four installments from this popular series are included.

Aside from games, the UMD also carries a video clip of an interview with the expert Takahashi Nahito. Listen to the expert's strategies when you deal with the main bosses and maximize your points.

The third Hudson compilation, Soldier Collection is available on your Sony PSP™ as a Japanese version for US$ 29.90 only.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-9f-49-en-84-j-70-2uew.html

wolfpack
September 23rd, 2008, 19:37
*drools*

Veskgar
September 24th, 2008, 17:09
Very cool. Its stuff like this that makes me wish I knew Japanese.

What is interesting about these PC Engine best collections is that people have found a way to utilize the emulator built into the UMD to emulate other PC Engine CD games. It seems to be somewhat of a painstaking process where you have to replace and rename all the files and what not, then rebuild the ISO.

But to me, this seems to prove that full PC Engine as well as Super CD/ Duo can be emulated perfectly on the PSP.

I've been hoping that this emulator these PC-Engine best collections use can be reverse engineered and a separate standalone homebrew emulator can be created for excellent performance and compatibility, even with CD games.

If any of the more knowledgeable people here or coders can talk about how practical this would be it would be good discussion.

But anyway, it would be nice to see some of these compilations get an English release at some point down the road.

kohan69
September 30th, 2008, 09:48
Very cool. Its stuff like this that makes me wish I knew Japanese.

What is interesting about these PC Engine best collections is that people have found a way to utilize the emulator built into the UMD to emulate other PC Engine CD games. It seems to be somewhat of a painstaking process where you have to replace and rename all the files and what not, then rebuild the ISO.

But to me, this seems to prove that full PC Engine as well as Super CD/ Duo can be emulated perfectly on the PSP.

I've been hoping that this emulator these PC-Engine best collections use can be reverse engineered and a separate standalone homebrew emulator can be created for excellent performance and compatibility, even with CD games.

If any of the more knowledgeable people here or coders can talk about how practical this would be it would be good discussion.

But anyway, it would be nice to see some of these compilations get an English release at some point down the road.
qft