PDA

View Full Version : zune or ipod touch? what is right for me?

fg-54
September 24th, 2008, 01:45
ok, i need to decide on what to get, a 120GB zune, or the 16GB ipod touch, here are opinions, please help me out.

OH! and it would be nice if you knew a cheap (but safe) place to get them.

ipodtouch:

pros:

*bigger screen
*higher resolution
*multi-touch screen
*games
*cool apps
*download movies and shows for only
*tilt sensor
*looks amazing

cons:

*very VERY expensive
*only 16GB of memory!!!

ZUNE:

pros:

*cheaper
*120GB OF MEMORY!
*XNA games coming soon!
*can transfer content between 360 and zune (not sure if that is now or if it is coming later)
*radio/you can download songs you hear on the radio.

cons:

*lower res than ipodtouch
*not much tv or movie content to download.
*looks ugly!
*no cool apps!

ok, please correct me if i am wrong, so what do you think? should i get the 120gb zune? or 16 GB ipodtouch?

Accordion
September 24th, 2008, 01:55
All you need to decide is if you want a tiny do-it-all device for email, web browsing, photo viewing, video, music, games, apps. OR if you just want a music player.

The Ipod Touch is not that expensive if you use it to all of its ability. Since owning mine i use spend alot less time on my laptop, preferring to email and check web news with the ipod.
pretty sure they go up to 32GB now .

I dont know much about the Zune other than it has an even more ridiculous name than the ipod… and they made it brown.

fg-54
September 24th, 2008, 01:58
yes, but i could only afford the 16GB :P anyways, i say it is expensive because it costs more then the zune, and has WAY less memory.
and i probably would not use ALL of the ipod touch's ability, but viewing pics, watching movies, and all that, i would like.

Accordion
September 24th, 2008, 02:19
well, I bought the iPod because it is a superb Internet device(minus flash support) and because my favourite music at 320kbs weighs in around 10gb. I own more music but I don't really listen to it often.

I still use a cd Walkman on occassion however, I wouldn't of even considered the iPod if it didn't have Internet access.

Shadowblind
September 24th, 2008, 03:09
iPodTouch for the internet and Youtube. Also for some games and the ability to homebrew it, despite very little good apps for it.

Zune if you want an all purpose media player without the internet capabilities, such as videos music and pics.

ICE
September 24th, 2008, 03:25
I never leave home without my iPod touch. Like Accordion said if you want an internet device the touch is far better.

jamotto
September 24th, 2008, 03:26
The Zune has better battery life (30 hrs Vs 22) while playing music and the Zune supports DivX and Xvid videos while the ipod does not.