PDA

View Full Version : How to load roms from DVD?

rustynathan
September 24th, 2008, 03:25
So if I want to load roms from a dvd with snes 9x, fce, gen plus, of any other emulator, where do I burn the roms? do I need to ake a ISO? can I just put them in the root of the dvd? idk I just bought a new coumputer with a dvd burner in it and 20 blank dvd-rs so I want to know how because my sd card is almost out of room.

ciper
September 27th, 2008, 05:55
It depends on the emulator. Some can't at all, some can only read roms while others can even read zip files.

With that said you may be able to free space on your SD card by using an emulator that supports compressed roms and then zip the associated files.

panmusic
October 20th, 2008, 17:03
Well, I have the same problem too.
I try to boot roms from DVD but with no luck
I keep the emulators on the SD card and change the preferences so to read from DVD source.
Can anyone explain me the DVD's burning process?
Is it necessary to create folders with snes roms or nes roms?
Please help...

Joel92
November 21st, 2008, 00:22
how about you just put the roms in the designated emulator roms folder on the sd card?

isoptera4
December 26th, 2008, 00:34
This info would be useful in making an emu disc that could be run with homebrew disc loader.

shadowlance8
January 16th, 2009, 07:46
hi there, i just modded my wii and got all the emulators working and stuff but the problem i'm having is when i download a game say like force unleashed it comes in about forty .rar files and a bunch of other funky looking ones. Now i've tried compiling it all into an .iso through the image burn program but that didn't work. I have been successfull with ones that are already iso but it's bugging me and i want to figure it out lol.

jason_legg
January 24th, 2009, 06:01
double click on the first .rar file. This should load Winrar (if you have it. If not, download it, its free) then click the 'extract to' button. Then click 'ok'. This should compile your .iso in whatever location you provided.