PDA

View Full Version : MPH Firmware launcher 1.3.7 u3

wraggster
December 22nd, 2005, 01:05
PSP News is again at the forfront and heres another great release posted on our forums --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15707

miemt11 (thanks for the news ;)) has released another patched version of MPHs Firmware launcher, heres whats new:

1: Update with the latest 1.3.7(Final Version) source to resolve the WLAN problem
2: Press O to quit, before emulation start
3: support the new mphfl.inf structure config

Download at the release thread here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15707

bibipili
December 22nd, 2005, 02:09
Dude this is so tight!

omniosiris
December 22nd, 2005, 02:13
GTA support yet?

SoCal
December 22nd, 2005, 07:04
GTA support yet?

No GTA yet. I've been trying for the past few days and no luck yet. :mad: But the 2.0 web browser is great! :D

dpomega23
December 22nd, 2005, 09:51
Are you guys having trouble playing video with this (MPH Firmware launcher 1.3.7 u3)? I booted it into 2.5. I have the web browser which works fine. but no video support. I read that if you boot into 2.0 you will have video support, but why not 2.5? perhaps I have not looked hard enough in the forums, any advice or ideas about playing videos on a 1.5 PSP would be greatly appreciated. I have quite a few homebrew media players which dont quite cut it.

dpomega23
December 22nd, 2005, 10:17
Allow me to reply to my own post, sorry for the redundancy. I got video to work on my 1.5 through the MPH 2.5 loader:

"Well after a lot of trial and error I found which prx file needs to be changed in the 2.50 firmware.

The mpegbase.prx file located in the kd folder is causing the problem. Get the same file from the 2.0 firmware and use it. Now movies and internet browser work on 2.50!"

FOUND AT: http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=93

WORKS PERFECTLY

Mew
December 22nd, 2005, 10:48
mph and miemt11 freakin ROCKS!! :E
webbrowser works fine \o/

kayhanbakid
December 22nd, 2005, 11:43
my web browser freezes as soon as I enter any website. does anyone else have this problem?

Mew
December 22nd, 2005, 13:00
my web browser freezes as soon as I enter any website. does anyone else have this problem?
hmm.. strange... After I used the new u3 patch, all works fine on me.. no freezing anymore

slayer2psp
December 22nd, 2005, 14:52
would be nice if they explained how to use this or how to get the different firmwares to work. i just dont understand how to get the eboot files in file format. oh well guess it really doesnt matter i have two psp one 1.50 and one 2.50

MaxSMoke
December 22nd, 2005, 15:24
I hate to be a Kill-Joy. These Firmware loaders are interesting and all, but ultimately more of a novelty then useful. There's only one thing this loader needs to do, and one thing alone, and that's allow people to play their Firmware 2.0 required games, such as GTA.

Could we get an update on how soon it might be until this loader can support 2.0 games? And when each of these releases is made, could the news post mention if it's cracked FW 2.0 games yet? It's annoying to force people to keep asking if it can load GTA. Why not just say, "No FW 2.0 Game support".

I would like to thank Miemt11 for his continued efforts. Hopefully each step will get us closer to full game access on FW 1.5 systems again.

Cap'n 1time
December 22nd, 2005, 15:36
I hate to be a Kill-Joy. These Firmware loaders are interesting and all, but ultimately more of a novelty then useful. There's only one thing this loader needs to do, and one thing alone, and that's allow people to play their Firmware 2.0 required games, such as GTA.

Could we get an update on how soon it might be until this loader can support 2.0 games? And when each of these releases is made, could the news post mention if it's cracked FW 2.0 games yet? It's annoying to force people to keep asking if it can load GTA. Why not just say, "No FW 2.0 Game support".

I would like to thank Miemt11 for his continued efforts. Hopefully each step will get us closer to full game access on FW 1.5 systems again.

These things dont come right away. Also they did do one GREAT THING. the 2.5 browser on 1.5 is a great step forward... dont downplay MPH and miems accomplishments

DeleterX
December 22nd, 2005, 16:39
Well this can be great if this Release Load Hombrew Like UMD Emulator, Dev Hook and fast loader "NICE DREAM"

omniosiris
December 22nd, 2005, 18:53
okay, could someone please tell me how to get the 2.5 webbrowser working with this, and where to get the firmware(s) I need?

SmashinGit
December 22nd, 2005, 20:29
Finally got this to work on my psp, saw the browser for the first time, very good :)

omniosiris, all I can say is read the forums, use google, all the information and files you need are there.

PSP_Newbie
December 22nd, 2005, 21:10
For all those that are having trouble getting it to work, there are tutorials and forums on MPH's website, http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/ and topics specifically for the firmware launcher

bugo
December 23rd, 2005, 04:06
really ease to use, nice work, and make it rock! cause I think that is the way to go!
Browser is ok, working smooth. Just not taking to work with music, pictures and memorystick... but hey! browser works, thats alot for me!

omniosiris
December 23rd, 2005, 04:11
okay, I got firmware 2.5 running, but whenever I go to a website on the browser (with the exeption of google, I got that to work once) my PSP freezes, then turns off, does any one know how to get to browser to work on firmware 2.5 without freezing?

IndianCheese
December 23rd, 2005, 04:51
Has anyone had trouble with text entry in the web browser? My PSP freexes and shuts down about a second after highlighting and choosing a text box.

ken9
December 23rd, 2005, 07:24
i keep geting errors in odd words