PDA

View Full Version : A little more about me & my current situation

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2008, 05:44
I'm sure all of you couldn't sleep because of not knowing what was going on with my newly aquired broken Xbox 360

So I'm posting this thread to let you know that today I received a box from UPS to shipp my 360 and get it repaired for good:D

The webpage says I'll have to wait 2 or 3 weeks after sending it, to get it repaired or even better, replaced:thumbup:

About me

I'm unemployed at the moment

I'm waiting to hear from a job aplication I made in july 3rd for a position at ASARCO (http://www.asarco.com/), specifically the Copper Refinery in Amarillo TXs (In case you're wondering, I'm not just a regular bum, I'm a Chemical Engineer)

Yes, I know this was like two months ago, but on july twenty nine or something I received an email from them, telling me I was on the next round and asked me to send in a summary containing my school education, english studies, job experience, and what kind of work do I wanted to do in ASARCO.

So I did. Deadline to send the summary was August 10th, and I've been waiting for an answer ever since. Two of my best friends have been working there since last year:D, and the lucky bastards earn a hell lot of cash, hence why I want to get this job so badly:D

My friends told me that noone has been hired yet, so all I can do right now is wait.

Sorry for the way off topic thread I'm just tired of all this waiting and wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to all the people who read all this, wish me luck

beetroot bertie
September 24th, 2008, 16:46
Good luck with the job and also the 360. When I sent mine in earlier this year it came back in 9 days, so if you're fortunate you might not have the 2-3 week wait. I'm in the UK though, so things might be different your neck of the woods.

blackrave
September 25th, 2008, 16:35
Good luck! I bet you'll get the job.

mike_jmg
September 26th, 2008, 17:42
thanks guys I'm hoping I'll get the job too

splodger15
September 26th, 2008, 19:00
Good luck on the job Mike. I was thinking what about contacting them ,but don't otherwise they'll think your rushing them.

mike_jmg
September 27th, 2008, 06:37
Not rushing, it's really been too long

And today I just did, I sent an email to know what was going on, they answered back and told me they're still revising summaries, and hope to know who goes into the next step in about two weeks