PDA

View Full Version : Possible damage

gamerfotheuk
December 22nd, 2005, 08:08
Won't running homebrew damage the PSP? 333 mhz max???

one winged angel
December 22nd, 2005, 09:52
running your psp on 333mhz won't damage it the psp is build to run on 333mhz
but sony bringed it back to 222mhz to enlarge battery live

Cap'n 1time
December 22nd, 2005, 15:54
one winged angle is right. running upping your clock speed to 333mhz will only drain the battery life... and it does it very very fast.. Some emulators let you up your clock to 266mhz, and if you can get good results with this you can get improved battery life.

gamerfotheuk
December 22nd, 2005, 23:55
You mean Sony tweaked the PSP to render it use 222/333 mhz?

Cap'n 1time
December 23rd, 2005, 00:48
they just let it underclock to 222mhz to prolong battery life... it's clocks max speed is really 333mhz.

gamerfotheuk
December 23rd, 2005, 18:17
Can the homebrew, let's say emulator, make PSP run more than 333 mhz than it should?

Cap'n 1time
December 23rd, 2005, 21:18
overclocking and going above 333 mhz is possible. but it can be dangerous. It hasnt been done yet and is not recommended for the future.

gamerfotheuk
December 24th, 2005, 00:19
Alright, I got my PSP recently, and I was looking around to see what buttons does what feature, then I found out a reset looking button on the lower right of my PSP, in fact they are on both side, but I only notice the one on the right, so I assume it was a reset button, so I want to find what it does so I used a toothpick to press it, it can't be pressed so I pressed it harder then I refer to the manual and found out it was the speaker! My question is to you PSP pro out there, did I damaged the speaker in any sort of way? I listen to it, it worked fine, but I pressed it pretty hard.

morg13
January 24th, 2006, 19:03
will ther be umd games with 333mhz in the future?
how long can u pla with 333mhz? (i got a 2.01 and i so i cant play 333mhz^^ but i think next 2 weeks will bring homebrew to 2.01)
bettery is only 1800, why?
i think a 4000 and more is possibel in this size, is it only a mony thing ore is ther a other reason for sone to use the silly 1800?

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2006, 17:11
will ther be umd games with 333mhz in the future?
how long can u pla with 333mhz? (i got a 2.01 and i so i cant play 333mhz^^ but i think next 2 weeks will bring homebrew to 2.01)
bettery is only 1800, why?
i think a 4000 and more is possibel in this size, is it only a mony thing ore is ther a other reason for sone to use the silly 1800?

Whoa there! Hold your horses! Thats like 5 questions in one.

Yes there will almost definitely be 333mhz games, at the moment though developers are not even pushing the boundaries of the PSP. As their understanding of the system and its capabilities grows we will start to see improved games that utilise things like the full processor clock speed. (but who wants to play an amazing game that eats the battery up in only 20 minutes? Therefore this point links with the below.
A lot of things come down to money, I'm sure that we will see improved batteries on sale soon (I've already seen fake 2200) but its got to be economically viable for sony to produce and therefore sell at a reasonable price. Personally I agree that they are being too slow at getting certain hardware parts out into the market, but ultimately they will do it when they think it is right, if want more right now then you should consider risking third party products. :)

tsurumaru
January 25th, 2006, 17:15
Alright, I got my PSP recently, and I was looking around to see what buttons does what feature, then I found out a reset looking button on the lower right of my PSP, in fact they are on both side, but I only notice the one on the right, so I assume it was a reset button, so I want to find what it does so I used a toothpick to press it, it can't be pressed so I pressed it harder then I refer to the manual and found out it was the speaker! My question is to you PSP pro out there, did I damaged the speaker in any sort of way? I listen to it, it worked fine, but I pressed it pretty hard.

Do you like living dangerously? I mean seriously, would you try this with a mains socket at home? ;)

I'm no expert but I would say that the PSP speakers channel the sound out through that hole and that you didn't manage to actually make contact with the speaker itself. I'll check when I get home.

morg13
January 25th, 2006, 19:58
u can buy 2200, no fake!! (not from sony but ...)
they are working, u can also buy 4400, but they ar bigger and i doesn“t look good to have a box at the psp back.

i got a externel akku (u can plug it on the dc in)
working nice (i got abaut 4000mAh)

Aruzo
January 26th, 2006, 00:16
Whoa there! Hold your horses! Thats like 5 questions in one.

Yes there will almost definitely be 333mhz games, at the moment though developers are not even pushing the boundaries of the PSP. As their understanding of the system and its capabilities grows we will start to see improved games that utilise things like the full processor clock speed. (but who wants to play an amazing game that eats the battery up in only 20 minutes? Therefore this point links with the below.
A lot of things come down to money, I'm sure that we will see improved batteries on sale soon (I've already seen fake 2200) but its got to be economically viable for sony to produce and therefore sell at a reasonable price. Personally I agree that they are being too slow at getting certain hardware parts out into the market, but ultimately they will do it when they think it is right, if want more right now then you should consider risking third party products. :)

Sorry to quote an old post but, theve made a 14hour battery with a 4GB Hardrive in one you take out ur normal one and put the new one in and its a 14 hour battery and can store 4GB worth of stuff its only £100 too...its advertised on this site i think...

tsurumaru
January 26th, 2006, 17:04
Sorry to quote an old post but, theve made a 14hour battery with a 4GB Hardrive in one you take out ur normal one and put the new one in and its a 14 hour battery and can store 4GB worth of stuff its only £100 too...its advertised on this site i think...

Yes I am aware of this I was referring to official Sony products, not third party ones like the Datel battery you mention. ;)