PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Video Game Download Service?

wraggster
September 24th, 2008, 16:39
Who needs a brick-and-mortar game shop when you have the world wide web of video game download services? Joel Durham Jr. over at ExtremeTech examines some game download services to decide once and for all which virtual storefront has the best deal for gamers. Among the services reviewed are: Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, Good Old Games, and WildTangent Orb. The most popular site in the roundup, Steam, was also the most favored because of its wide selection of popular titles, while Direct2Drive also scored top marks because it has 'just about every title in the universe.'"
Which service(s) do you like the most, and what have your experiences with them been?

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/09/24/0138252

gutbub
September 25th, 2008, 03:23
Well, selection wise, D2D wins, because it does indeed have a massive selection.
I personally am a big fan of Steam, I have around 20 games from them. That, and Steam is pretty much owned by Valve, and they make the best PC FPS/ Adventure game ever, The Half Life series.

jamotto
September 25th, 2008, 05:37
Impulse and Good Old Games is looking the best for me. Impulse especially looks good if they continue to not have DRM on any of their games though that will hurt their selection I suspect.

carlitx
September 25th, 2008, 17:11
Anywhere I can find good torrent xD