PDA

View Full Version : !! Happy Holidays !!

PSmonkey
December 22nd, 2005, 21:37
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_dec2004/SnowmanHoldup.jpg

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to take a time to wish everybody a merry christmas & wonderful new year. Today is my last day at work before holiday break and starting tomorrow I am off for a week & few days. Durring that time I will be trying to spend as much time as I can with my wonderful girlfriend since she is off from school (she is a full time student at mcgill university). So durring that time things might slow down a bit but I will try to keep you guys updated on all my progress over the holidays.

Exspect great things next year. Hopefuly the year will start off with a blast with the up and comming dcemu compo & we will see where things progress from there.

Anyways Happy Holidays,
PSmonkey

MGFox
December 23rd, 2005, 21:56
Merry Christmas mate,

Don't you worry about doing coding over the holiday period, take some time off and be with the ones closest to you!

My christmas wishes to all and a happy new year,
Fox

PSmonkey
December 29th, 2005, 09:14
Hey guys small update.

I've been on a serious break over the holidays. I've been spending lots of time with my gf & hitting up "Exit" by taito alot.

Man I got to tell you, imo Exit is the best psp game of 2005 for me. Nothing can top this (fyi, it was ridge racers for 2004 since i had a jpn psp).

Sadly no progress has been made on the engine. As a result ver 0.3 will be delayed till after new years. Once I go back to work & my gf goes back to school, I can probably find more time to code with my gf studing again. The biggest thing i must finish before releasing ver 0.3 is a tool to rip and rebuild lightmaps into an external file. This is vital for obtaining a decent framerate on the engine (if the lightmap is reduced to 256 colors).

Also sadly I am worried about the compo, I might not have enough time to actualy make a game still. So sadly we will have to see on this one. :(

Anyways that about it. Enjoy whats left of the holidays. I sure am. :cool:

MGFox
December 29th, 2005, 14:57
Oh, I'm enjoying my holiday...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/buckie/snowman.jpg

I've never built a snowman before, but as my Neice was begging so nicely...thats what I came up with, and for a first attempt, I'm quite proud! :D

I've also finally got round to making myself an Avatar and Sig...I'm not too sure about the sig banner myself, I like the design but I wanna put something else in the middle, just don't know what yet!...any suggestions?

Cheers,
Fox

PSmonkey
December 29th, 2005, 16:51
nice avitar (lemmings?)

not sure about any suggestions tho.

MGFox
December 29th, 2005, 17:10
Yeah...well, sort of, its from the game Adventures of Lomax, a platformer set in the Lemmings universe, I am a fan of Lemmings and the sprites for Lomax are the most detailed and cool looking sprites of the Lemmings that I know of.

Cheers,
Fox

PSmonkey
December 29th, 2005, 23:17
MGFox,
you have msn messanger? If so pm me your email address for chating over msn messanger.

i might have a small task for you if you have a little free time.

MGFox
December 29th, 2005, 23:41
PM'ed

Cheers,
Fox

Produkt
December 31st, 2005, 04:23
Love to hear the news fellas :D

I've been going mad in alabama without internet... because my mapping programs are locked to only work on the internet only :(

But I have a mad amount of drawwings and plans out the arse

Recently I had the boldest idea but I cant tell you all just yet... just know that if it goes through It will be loved by home brewers EVERYWHERE! (on all versions too!) :D

MGFox
December 31st, 2005, 14:17
Hey, Produkt, its been a while :D

I take it you mean the HL2 mapping software from the spawn of pure evil that is Steam...I'm sorry, but I really don't like Steam, its like Spyware or Virus!!!

I can't wait to see your work, and this 'idea' sounds...intriguing!

So, apart from the lack of internet, have you had a good holiday?

Cheers,
Fox

Produkt
December 31st, 2005, 17:58
Actually I brought my work computer... It uses 3D World Studio, A kick ass mapping program :D

As for my holiday... I was happy to recive a brand spankin new Logitec G5 Mouse... the best there is... for now... :P and I managed to get half way through GTA:SA without coffee...

MGFox
January 1st, 2006, 00:08
A quick post to say:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

now I'm tired and must go to bed!

Cheers,
Fox

Produkt
January 1st, 2006, 02:32
Speak for yourself... I have about 2 and a half hours to go...

PSmonkey
January 1st, 2006, 03:47
Hey everybody, Small sneak peak into my dcemu compo entry comming next week. ;) Major thanks to MGFox for the excelent mapping

Produkt,

So great to hear from you again man. Happy new years and I hope your holidays were well.

I need to chat with you on msn soon about some stuff if you have time.

Produkt
January 3rd, 2006, 02:20
WHOOOHHH! * Sigh of Relife *

Well Over the christmas holiday my PSP became damaged, the analog stick was unable to detect me pressing right... Well I said, there is the 2.00 downgrader now It's safe to return it.

Traveled to best buy where I had my 2 year warentee (wonderfull thing it is :D it got me my first 1.5) When I got there I waited about 10 mins to get to the customer service desk. and she cleared me and I went back to get another. This time no glass case to look in and wonder if there were any less than G (2.01), Instead there was a loan PSP sitting on a shelf wrapped in a security device... Dread came uppon me. I carefully picked up the PSP, the barcode slightly covered by the device.

I moved it to the side... a big fat G staired me in the face, as if mocking me.

I truged through the store nocking all consoles and games away in search of another PSP, I screamed NOOOO!!!!! THERE MUST BE MORE!!!!!! Panicing, I said to myself... well I could go to another best buy and see if they have one... Then it hit me!

I scoured the grounds for a salesman/woman and there I spoted one... just done with an inventory check I begged! Could you check for another PSP? I found only this one! He politely agreed, walked away and came back with another salesperson They greated me and he asked what I needed. I told him of my search for an older PSP! He agreed to join my quest for a downgradable PSP. Off to the stock room he skurried. I waited anxiously, has he found one!? if so is it an F or lower!?

I paced back and forth through the game section. When I saw him he came with an unbound PSP no faul containers locking it to the cruel store. he handed it to me, I glanced down and saw the letter I was praying for "C" I smiled like a young child at christmas. I thanked the man graciously and skurried to the customer service desk.

The lady who had helped me befor swiftly rung up the price for the psp placed it in the bag with my warenty and said have a nice night. I offered her the same and went on my merry way. :D

Cap'n 1time
January 3rd, 2006, 05:18
WHOOOHHH! * Sigh of Relife *

Well Over the christmas holiday my PSP became damaged, the analog stick was unable to detect me pressing right... Well I said, there is the 2.00 downgrader now It's safe to return it.

Traveled to best buy where I had my 2 year warentee (wonderfull thing it is :D it got me my first 1.5) When I got there I waited about 10 mins to get to the customer service desk. and she cleared me and I went back to get another. This time no glass case to look in and wonder if there were any less than G (2.01), Instead there was a loan PSP sitting on a shelf wrapped in a security device... Dread came uppon me. I carefully picked up the PSP, the barcode slightly covered by the device.

I moved it to the side... a big fat G staired me in the face, as if mocking me.

I truged through the store nocking all consoles and games away in search of another PSP, I screamed NOOOO!!!!! THERE MUST BE MORE!!!!!! Panicing, I said to myself... well I could go to another best buy and see if they have one... Then it hit me!

I scoured the grounds for a salesman/woman and there I spoted one... just done with an inventory check I begged! Could you check for another PSP? I found only this one! He politely agreed, walked away and came back with another salesperson They greated me and he asked what I needed. I told him of my search for an older PSP! He agreed to join my quest for a downgradable PSP. Off to the stock room he skurried. I waited anxiously, has he found one!? if so is it an F or lower!?

I paced back and forth through the game section. When I saw him he came with an unbound PSP no faul containers locking it to the cruel store. he handed it to me, I glanced down and saw the letter I was praying for "C" I smiled like a young child at christmas. I thanked the man graciously and skurried to the customer service desk.

The lady who had helped me befor swiftly rung up the price for the psp placed it in the bag with my warenty and said have a nice night. I offered her the same and went on my merry way. :D

these are the kind of stories that i will tell my children. seriously, i even sighed a breath of relief. :D