PDA

View Full Version : GeckoOS 1.07b Released

wraggster
September 25th, 2008, 21:24
News from Nuke (http://usbgecko.blogspot.com/2008/09/geckoos-107b-released.html):

Whats new:

1. No copy flag bit in saves now removed when copying no copy flag save games.

In previous version you could copy no copy saves but it left the no copy flag bit in the save so unless you used a Hex editor you couldn't copy the save game back to your Wii. Now this bit is removed when you copy the save over. Thanks Kenobi for this patch.

You need the rebooter to copy no copy saves to SD card, but of course you can copy them back without rebooter loaded just like any other standard save.

Many thanks,
Nuke

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

panmusic
November 10th, 2008, 16:53
I don't know if this is already posted but after the last Nintendo's update the rebooter is not working anymore.So, no more any non copy saves transfers to an SD card... :-(
What's the author's stance about this?
Is he working on an updated release or has he abandoned the project?

djdynamite123
November 11th, 2008, 11:36
i don't think Nuke will release nomore geckOS releases, i believe this is the final release, this amazing anyway :)

panmusic
November 12th, 2008, 15:20
Is there any other wii application that lets you copy your non-copy saves?
I need this VERY bad...

h2923j42n2
November 12th, 2008, 16:43
The Save Extractor (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Save_Extractor) can be used to copy any save information to your SD card.

Nuke is possibly hoping for the newest update to devkitPro, so he can fix the Memory Card bug, and is also looking into this issue. This problem will also be fixed when BootMii is released.

panmusic
November 12th, 2008, 22:13
I tried dowload Save Extractor via Homebrew Browser but it seems that while it dumps hte save I cannot find it in my Sd card.Maybe I am doing something very wrong.Also,does HB installs the pal or ntsc version as I have a pal Wii,so maybe this is the problem.
Can you please describe me step by step the whole process?
This drives me insane...:confused: