PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for original homebrew games.

Buddy4point0
September 25th, 2008, 22:51
I'm trying to think of a creative, original homebrew game to program, but I just can't think of anything.

Does anyone have any cool ideas for games they'd like to see?

Wally
September 26th, 2008, 09:26
any cool side scroller game with a twist.. Something like commander keen however just as fun as jill of the jungle.

Wally

rokobungi
October 24th, 2008, 01:38
I still like the idea of a puzzle game that goes into different modes like start in tetroid mode then change at some number of matches to blob mode (like puyo puyo) then ship mode (lumines) then cookie mode (yoshi's cookie) all on the fly
especally if it had some kind of 2 player vs mode so you could kick them back to tetris mode to slow em down.

shadowriffe
October 24th, 2008, 02:22
Like a puzzle version of ROM CHECK FAIL?

They seriously need to make that game open-source...

GibsonSGKing
October 26th, 2008, 02:58
maybe a funky physics type game? or a game that shifts between 2d and 3d aspects, like crush or the new paper mario for the wii? i really like the idea behind garys mod, i would absolutely love something like that on the psp, even if it was 2d. like, you have a ball or something, or a character you can move around, but you have to build simple machines to get him to the exit or goal. that would be fun. well, i guess it doesnt really matter, the more homebrew the better :thumbup: