PDA

View Full Version : Quake 2 Port to PSP ( Xmas Eve News Update)

wraggster
December 24th, 2005, 12:27
McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) has posted a news update to his port of Quake 2 to the PSP:

Perhaps it is usefull to run the PSP at 333 mhz cpu clock frequency. So I added this option to the menu for select 222 or 333 mhz. You can set each frequency over the console in steps of 1 mhz beginning at 111 mhz. I hope Quake 2 will run with smooth with 222 mhz, at the moment it does.
I need some help from someone who is good at making animations. A short intro from id software is played at the begin of Quake 2. I want have a short Team Emergency Exit animation. So I need someone with a good idea and knowledge in animations. I have an animated running figure like the one in the logo, but I need a 2 - 5 seconds intro. Please come to the chat if you want help us.

urmom9388
December 24th, 2005, 16:53
Can't wait for it to be released. Looks a lot better than the quake 2 wad i have running under doom.

creoleplane
December 24th, 2005, 17:07
Yeah, looks good. I just hope someone will use what this guy has done to do a proper port of Quake 1. Quake 2 should even be considered part of the series. I want a good DM app on my PSP and Quake 2 is far far from that.

MaxSMoke
December 24th, 2005, 22:19
I dunno much about Quake2 model formats. Are they compatible with 3D Studio Max? If so, I could make an animation of a Quake2 guy playing a PSP. Maybe he gets fragged well playing it, or maybe somebody else tries to sneak up on him and he shoots them well continuing to play the game.

Animation and modeling are easy, but at the moment, I'm unfamiliar with MDL models. I'm guessing they are Vertex morphing and not skeletal? Anyways, send me a private message or ICQ at 9161052 if you want some help.

Zaibach333
December 25th, 2005, 00:33
if you want a 2-d frame by frame intro of your logo I could be of help, I'm pretty good...
it wouldnt be too difficult to port depending on file types and whatever, that you're using...

anyway, if you're interested private message me. MaxSMoke has a pretty cool idea if that's what you're looking for

Nono-O
December 25th, 2005, 01:26
Please make a BETA (>.<)

GizmoSan
December 25th, 2005, 05:07
I can make a 3D opening similar to the ID one with the Maya software I have, let me know. I would need the Team Emergency Exit logo :D