PDA

View Full Version : Total Beginner

ladyrogo
December 24th, 2005, 15:48
Hi

Just wondered if anyone can help. I have never even played a PSP before but I've treated myself to one.

I have downgraded it to 1.5, but I cant work out how to get the games or videos on my memory stick.

I wondered if anyone can email me the folder set up, and tell me where I put what files. I've got a disk with 43 games on but don't know which emulators and roms I need to use with them.

Can anyone help me please???

Ladyrogo x

urmom9388
December 24th, 2005, 16:56
Well first, is your memory stick formated correctly? If it is put your psp in usb mode and on your computer go to the psp folder, the games folder, and put the emulater folders with the % and no % in the game folder.
example: NESTERJ%, NESTERJ

ladyrogo
December 24th, 2005, 17:48
Thanks for your reply.

I think it is set up correctly and I think I need to put a real disk in the PSP. I can see the games but it says to insert a disk.

Do I need emulators to run the games I have on a disk? I'm not sure if I do. Also, fo you know which file I put on the PSP after extracting the files from a game I have on a disk? Is it the EBOOT file?

Its all very confusing...but I wont be beat...

Thanks

Kelly

slaphappygamer
December 24th, 2005, 18:33
heres what my directory looks like. hope this helps

disruptor
December 25th, 2005, 18:42
What kind of disc are the games on? And what are these games? I assume they are ROMs.
If they are just standard PSP homebrews, I would suggest just downloading the ones you want and using one of the many homebrew installers, as by doing this you will understand a lot more about how homebrew on the PSP works.

You do need emulators to run the games, as they were intended to run on different hardware and software.
You will need an emulator for the platform the game was intended to run on, so if, for example you have Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive (Genesis) you'd need a MegaDrive emulator.

You then run the emulator on the PSP, and with it select the game (known as a ROM)

As for general media (music photos etc.) place the items in the following directorys:
(Where x is drive letter of PSP on your computer)
Photos - x:/PSP/PHOTO
Music - x:/PSP/MUSIC
Homebrew - x:/PSP/GAME

Videos are a little different. I suggest using a piece of (preferably PSP specific) software which will convert your video files into PSP compatible resolution and bitrate. I can't suggest such a program as I use a MacOS only converter.
But just so you know, the video folder (in which the converter should place the files) is
x:/PSP/MP_ROOT/101MNV01/
Some times the first three numbers differ slightly to what I've written, I'm not entirely sure what causes this.

Hope this helps :)

-dissy