PDA

View Full Version : GTA and SOCOM possibly on 1.50...read this, hackers!

IndianCheese
December 24th, 2005, 19:39
While taking a shower, I got this incredible idea of how to run 2.00-requiring UMDs on version 1.50. Here is whats I gots:

Requires:

Version 1.50 PSP
Version 2.00 dump
MPH Firmware loader 1.3.7 u3
2.00 UMD
Program-writing skills

OK, here is what I thought of. The TIFF exploit in version 2.00 runs a specific .BIN file, right? So check this out:

Install Firmware loader and 2.00 dump
Run firmware loader
Place 2.00-requiring UMD into UMD drive
Create a TIFF file that executes "umd0:\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\EBOOT.BIN" or "umd0:\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\BOOT.BIN"
UMD should load
Press L+R+Select at any time to return to 1.50

I'm guessing that Fanjita would be able to cook up a TIFF file capable of this.

flaming_carrot
December 25th, 2005, 09:18
If the firmware loader isn't functional enough to allow running GTA directly, why would it work any better by manually trying to boot the UMD through an exploit, which as far as I know, restricts the execution environment pretty severely?

IndianCheese
January 4th, 2006, 01:41
It would have no choice. The TIFF file would cause an indefinate overflow and run it, or else send the entire system through a loophole until the battery ran out or it was hard reset.

BTW, I loaded 2.00 today and made my own TIFF file to try it, but I found out that the loader does not support the Memory Stick photos. If MPH fixed that, I would be set to try it.

flaming_carrot
January 4th, 2006, 11:34
What you write makes no sense. "Indefinite overflow"? "Send through loophole"?

Why doesn't GTA work with firmware launcher? Because it is very incomplete and necessary 2.0 modules etc are not running properly.

Let's say you use the firmware launcher to run 2.0 firmware, you exploit the TIF-bug and launch your own code to try to run GTA. How would this increase compatibility with 2.0 modules? What would be different from launching straight from menu? (besides now trying to launch from USER mode...)

ButtMonkey
January 4th, 2006, 15:02
Whilst taking a long dump this morning, I had a fantastic idea! If we get every PSP owner in the world to turn their PSP on at an agreed time, we might be able to overload the wifi.prx!!! Used in conjunction with the TIFF bug and a random buffer underflow, it might be possible to find a gap in the PSP's runtime system continuum!!!

Who wants to try this??? I'm so excited!!! :D

starlaugh
January 4th, 2006, 23:46
here you go guys shall i keep this simple! heres how you do it.this program is called WAB version changer what it does is makes you V1.0 or v1.5 belive its a higer version (even shows on system info as higher version) Eg. V2.5 with out actually upgrading, even stops you accidently upgrading. just run it as homebrew software then bobs ya uncle play V2.0 + games on V1.5.

Enjoy :D

Produkt
January 5th, 2006, 00:18
Sorry to interject but, star, the psp has drivers and libraries... now say you have a game that requires 2.0 libraries... but you have a 1.5 pretending to be a 2.0 it cant read those libraries resulting in a crash.

It wont work bub, sorry

Indian, I dont mind you trying but some things dont add up when you make up these plans.

cybervortex
January 14th, 2006, 03:04
here you go guys shall i keep this simple! heres how you do it.this program is called WAB version changer what it does is makes you V1.0 or v1.5 belive its a higer version (even shows on system info as higher version) Eg. V2.5 with out actually upgrading, even stops you accidently upgrading. just run it as homebrew software then bobs ya uncle play V2.0 + games on V1.5.

Enjoy :D
Eh didn't work on mine, the game boots but once it gets half way there it gets an error.

KenshinKajima
January 14th, 2006, 03:40
Sorry to interject but, star, the psp has drivers and libraries... now say you have a game that requires 2.0 libraries... but you have a 1.5 pretending to be a 2.0 it cant read those libraries resulting in a crash.

It wont work bub, sorry

Indian, I dont mind you trying but some things dont add up when you make up these plans.

do you state this a tested and proven truth (as in you physically tried it) or you think it wont work?
I used the version switcher on my psp and it plays Burnout with no problems. I know its different because GTA needs 2.0 but idk. . . .

EDIT: nvm. . .just read cyber's post. . .suck

DraconumPB
January 16th, 2006, 09:53
burnout is also known to work when 'faking out' the psp....

GTA was proven from day one NOT to work using that method.