PDA

View Full Version : PSPdualBoot Project News

wraggster
December 24th, 2005, 19:54
Placasoft from Team Emergency Exit has informed us all of the latest project from them called PSPdualBoot!

"Hi guys

Merry X’mas! Maybe it’s time to let your know more about my new project “PSPdualBoot”.

With PSPdualBoot, you will be able to start 2 different versions of the Firmware on one PSP. OK, it’s really simple: if the WLan switch is turned off, the PSP will boot to the original Sony OS; but if the switch is turned on, it will boot and start an Eboot program automatically, such as PSP-OSS or Psix, from your Memory Stick.

You don’t have to take apart your PSP. All you have to do is as simple as installing a homebrew program.

There is still much to work on, so I can’t give a release day here. I don’t even know if it would be released or not.

Team Emergency Exit wishes you a wonderful time with your family or/and friends this during the X’mas.

cYa.

Placa"

More news for sure as we get it :)

Nono-O
December 24th, 2005, 22:08
Nice Project =)

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 04:36
the psp does something with the memory card when started up. the installation will somehow get into that little loading time and launch. am i right or am i right?

Cap'n 1time
December 25th, 2005, 04:48
im looking forward to this. It will be nice to load up the open source shell with its sexy display. :)

shiftybill
December 25th, 2005, 09:06
i dont think it is for oss

i think you will be able to keep your 1.5 psp and have a 2.6psp as well

i hope im right

Cap'n 1time
December 25th, 2005, 15:28
i dont think it is for oss

i think you will be able to keep your 1.5 psp and have a 2.6psp as well

i hope im right

I believe this allows you to boot a different shell on startup depending on how the wan switch is flipped. I doubt this has anything to do with the 2.6 firmware.

ryoo
December 27th, 2005, 07:48
From what I can tell from the description, it specifically says that it would load a different firmware, not a shell. If that's the case, kudos to Team Emergency Exit! I'm eagerly anticipating this.