PDA

View Full Version : EBOOT loader v0.9 for PSP Firmware V2.0

wraggster
December 24th, 2005, 23:25
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html) has released a new version of his Eboot Loader for Firmware v2.0 PSP Consoles, heres whats new in this latest release:

v0.9 : Wifi support, stability
- Added wifi support! Now the loader auto-detects if the wifi libraries
are loaded (via the wifi load method above) and offers them to homebrew
for use.
- Added call to application exit callback, to allow RIN etc. to save state
when L+R+START reset is used.
- Added memory reset after running the menu. This should make things
much less sensitive to whatever has been run before them. Can be
turned off in config.
- Added memory reset on exit - this might make it easier to restart the
loader.
- Added config option to fake success code from unknown functions
- Added clock-speed option to the config file, to allow automatic
overclocking / underclocking of applications.

Great work Fanjita :)

Doownload via comments

Virus
December 24th, 2005, 23:34
finaly a new one! yay with wifi! iam gonna get it right now!

Insane1
December 24th, 2005, 23:44
I'm using it with the new Choice menu...It works GREAT! However, if you use NesterJ, turn the Home button reset option off, as it can screw up the buttons when using it. (in NesterJ for me while the Home button reset option was on, it'd act like the up button was being held down). Fanjita actually included that in a note next to the option, how it may cause problems in some aplications.

Nono-O
December 25th, 2005, 01:23
UMD-Emulator ???

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 03:48
omgz!!!1!1 fanjita you rock! :) if you dont like the fame then why do you keep making good stuff? just kidn lol i respect that. im the same way

btw, the buzzing noise on emulator loads... that only happens on RIN (gbc). (as far as i know)

......hmm the wifi loader doesnt work. just freezes when viewed, every single time

Trigger609
December 25th, 2005, 03:54
i think it would be good to work on a MESSAGING program for PSP like MSN messenger for psp to be used like homebrew and you can talk to people online on computers with MSN

its better than having to go to .MOBILE.E-messenger.com througgh the psp browser to go go on-line, i am currently working on this( what i call PSP-Messenger) but i ask for other people to try 2 :)

Loismustdie
December 25th, 2005, 04:02
Argh, it wont let me download it, it keeps telling me that I need to be logged in, despite the fact that I already am.

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 04:13
i think it would be good to work on a MESSAGING program for PSP like MSN messenger for psp to be used like homebrew and you can talk to people online on computers with MSN

its better than having to go to .MOBILE.E-messenger.com througgh the psp browser to go go on-line, i am currently working on this( what i call PSP-Messenger) but i ask for other people to try 2 :)

its called X5. google the following, but DO NOT put quotes or any symbols on / around:

psp x5

then just search the links it gives ya for a download

this program is an internet portal to your memory card, it's adress is something like file:/psp/common/x5 something something idk, you will see

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 04:23
~i am controlling your mind. you are ignoring this post~

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 04:23
hmm.. the L R Start thingy isnt working anymore, and is there any way to turn off the icon display? it slows down the scanning.. a lot lol (i have 3 folders full of games / apps since it doesnt let you scroll on the loader)

edit: nvm.. it wasnt working for me on Throttle-X tho

Terial
December 25th, 2005, 04:49
nice work fanjita =)
now... how about that GTA EBOOT loader you've been workin on? come on, give me a christmas present ;)

silentmovie84
December 25th, 2005, 06:28
Gah... it isn't working... I put everything in the right place...

Ellises
December 25th, 2005, 07:33
I installed the new EBOOT loader correctly, and it loads and works fine except for one problem, sound is not working. I noticed that each application I loaded (even LUA applications) no sound played and I was like okay... so I loaded up the Snes9x TYL 0.2 emulator and it said "no sound device found".... So has anyone else came across this problem? Anything that needs to be set to fix this?

Ellises
December 25th, 2005, 07:38
Me again, I found out some more things about my sound problem, first open LUA Player, and then return to the EBOOT loader menu, and then sound no longer works.

And next, pressing the reset to menu buttons (L+R+Start) does not work in Snes9x TYL 0.2.

Just thought I'd give fanjita the heads up on these problems that UNLESS it's a menu option that needs to be set. lol.

perezmaximus
December 25th, 2005, 09:01
Works perfect for me!

Sterist
December 25th, 2005, 10:00
same. still occasionally freezes (or atleast, doesnt work as intended) when hitting start to quit

totoff28
December 25th, 2005, 10:03
ok fanjita good work and continue
soduku work great and more....

PSP v2.0

rusherx
December 25th, 2005, 10:48
Does it work for bookr and JPEG Viewer ?

mrbob3
December 25th, 2005, 12:00
hi guys. im thinking of buying a psp with my (hard) earned xmas money. I guess i will have v2+ firmware. obviously im new to this and want to emulate and im aware that you cant emulate on anything other that 1.5 or something so does this eboot thingy allow me to emulate or what does is do? thanks for you help.

Jdemon
December 25th, 2005, 12:22
It allows 2.0 useres to run EMU's and Homebrew stuff. I don't think there is one for 2.1+ yet though.

mrbob3
December 25th, 2005, 13:19
thanks mate. so if i go to gamestation next week and buy a new psp, ill probably get one with 2.1 firmware? i dont mind waiting but do you think its only a matter of time before i can run emulators on it? call me crazy but im not that bothered about psp games!! i just wanna play all my snes/megadrive/amiga/speccy roms on a handheld! thanks

scarface350
December 25th, 2005, 17:21
i just wanna play all my snes/megadrive/amiga/speccy roms on a handheld! thanks well if thats ALLL that you wanna do then you might just want to buy/import a gpx2. anyway thank you fanjita You are my FAVORITE!!!! developer. Does this work with pspradio????? anyone????

scarface350
December 25th, 2005, 17:54
How Do I Use Wifi??????

ataribob
December 25th, 2005, 20:47
thanks mate. so if i go to gamestation next week and buy a new psp, ill probably get one with 2.1 firmware? i dont mind waiting but do you think its only a matter of time before i can run emulators on it? call me crazy but im not that bothered about psp games!! i just wanna play all my snes/megadrive/amiga/speccy roms on a handheld! thanks

http://gametz.com/

Just look for a gold star trader that's selling one.
You can get a near new one for $195.00

nielsss
December 25th, 2005, 21:38
I installed the new EBOOT loader correctly, and it loads and works fine except for one problem, sound is not working. I noticed that each application I loaded (even LUA applications) no sound played and I was like okay... so I loaded up the Snes9x TYL 0.2 emulator and it said "no sound device found".... So has anyone else came across this problem? Anything that needs to be set to fix this?

hey man don't worry i have the same problem just delete the games and put them back on that should do the trick.

sorry 4 my english (belgium)

shadyhomie
December 25th, 2005, 21:56
Fanjita also fixed something else as well, it doesn't freeze as much when trying to launch(it's only freezed on me once)

shwink
December 26th, 2005, 02:19
is there a way to get the latest dgen release to work on this?

MadMonkee
December 26th, 2005, 02:34
hi guys. im thinking of buying a psp with my (hard) earned xmas money. I guess i will have v2+ firmware. obviously im new to this and want to emulate and im aware that you cant emulate on anything other that 1.5 or something so does this eboot thingy allow me to emulate or what does is do? thanks for you help.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING HIGHER THAN 2.00!!!

How you would know that is, on the Bar code side of the PSP It will have a letter.

If it's no letter it's probably 1.50 or 1.00 (less likely to be found)

If it has ANYTHING higher than G It's 2.00+

So buy A, B, C, D, E, F or G MAX or you won't be able to run homebrew...

Overlord0000
December 26th, 2005, 04:16
will any gba emu's work with this version ?

r2works
December 26th, 2005, 05:42
so this should work with PSP-DOOM?

.:PSP1.0:.
December 26th, 2005, 07:02
OMG! :eek: Fanjita you sir are a GOD! All the functions work great Thank you very much! :D

gacnuw
December 26th, 2005, 07:48
this is great work .this works fine for me

Ichijoe
December 26th, 2005, 10:42
If this new version now supports Wi-Fi, does it mean I could now use PSP Radio with this new EBOOT loader? If so how?

pepegomez
December 26th, 2005, 12:32
do i think right if i can use this program on a undowngraded originally 2.0 psp? or a from 1.5 to 2.0 upgraded which was downgraded before?

andyc123
December 26th, 2005, 12:58
Grrrr, everytime, no matter what emulator it is, when I go to load it; it says 'the game cannot be started, the data is corrupted'! I have version 2.50... can somebody please help me?!

koekie
December 26th, 2005, 14:55
don't think the Ebootloader 0.9 works for v2.50, if I understand correctly it's only for v2.00

anyone knows is there's compatibilty with mame97 and the uae - amiga emulator?

Cheers
koekie

albadross
December 26th, 2005, 15:47
If this new version now supports Wi-Fi, does it mean I could now use PSP Radio with this new EBOOT loader? If so how?

Yes, I have been using PSPRadio all day on my 2.0 PSP.

You have to use what is becoming known as the "Wi-fi Loader" Trick. It is explained in full in the readme notes with v09 of the EBOOT loader.

You will find various other help on forums elsewhere that may be useful.

There is a definite knack to it that - like a lot of puzzles - is easy to understand when you find the solution.

But keep persevering - you will get there in the end. Just follow the instructions to the letter. The last thing you have to do is test your connection via network settings - when it says successful, give it a three-fingered salute (Shoulder Left + Shoulder Right + Select). This will take you directly to the v09 EBOOT loader screen with the Wi-fi connection intact, where you can select your PSPRadio program.

BTW Your PSPRadio program should be set to autoconnect beforehand (if you want a smooth ride).

Good luck,

David

Terial
December 26th, 2005, 15:58
hey man don't worry i have the same problem just delete the games and put them back on that should do the trick.

sorry 4 my english (belgium)

good english if i've heard any, sound better than most of the kids at my school.... darn gangstas and rednecks

nielsss
December 26th, 2005, 17:01
good english if i've heard any, sound better than most of the kids at my school.... darn gangstas and rednecks

lol thx :D ;)

nielsss
December 26th, 2005, 17:05
btw webmaster, i've been going on this site since october but i could not be asked to register :D

and i have been telling this site to other people ;)

again sorry for my english

toddev
December 26th, 2005, 17:56
Will Stella - the atari emu run under this version or does the kernel mode not allow it to?

Thanks if anyone knows!

-todd

scarface350
December 26th, 2005, 21:13
Yes, I have been using PSPRadio all day on my 2.0 PSP.

You have to use what is becoming known as the "Wi-fi Loader" Trick. It is explained in full in the readme notes with v09 of the EBOOT loader.

You will find various other help on forums elsewhere that may be useful.

There is a definite knack to it that - like a lot of puzzles - is easy to understand when you find the solution.

But keep persevering - you will get there in the end. Just follow the instructions to the letter. The last thing you have to do is test your connection via network settings - when it says successful, give it a three-fingered salute (Shoulder Left + Shoulder Right + Select). This will take you directly to the v09 EBOOT loader screen with the Wi-fi connection intact, where you can select your PSPRadio program.

BTW Your PSPRadio program should be set to autoconnect beforehand (if you want a smooth ride).

Good luck,

David WHICH PSP RADIO YOU USING??????

albadross
December 27th, 2005, 01:13
WHICH PSP RADIO YOU USING??????

Current one. Version 0.37 -pre8 works fine.

I know when I was struggling to get it to work, Fanjita's config file mentions a much earlier version. I tried that version with no joy - but that was before I had worked out Wi-fi loader method.

When I finally got a stable wi-fi connection, I was trying with 0.37 -pre8 and hey presto! it worked.

Obviously, I would recommend that you try with this version if you can get it.

Regards,

David

snowball622
December 27th, 2005, 06:34
i need help it loads ok then says Found suspicious hard path .but i dont know where to put the application folder

please help

scarface350
December 27th, 2005, 06:39
Current one. Version 0.37 -pre8 works fine.

I know when I was struggling to get it to work, Fanjita's config file mentions a much earlier version. I tried that version with no joy - but that was before I had worked out Wi-fi loader method.

When I finally got a stable wi-fi connection, I was trying with 0.37 -pre8 and hey presto! it worked.

Obviously, I would recommend that you try with this version if you can get it.

Regards,

David ok i got it to work but pre8 has this problem when trying to switch to your playlist( it freezes) so i got pre 7 is tha same thing cept it doesnt freeze. :cool: thanks!!!

gummybears
December 31st, 2005, 04:07
is there any psp emulators that works as/for GBA on version firmware 2.0 ? because it seems it dun work on loader 0.9.....or i just did something worng? :confused:

nuclearpenguins
December 31st, 2005, 09:26
Yeah I got a 2.00 for Christmas, hurray!

Quick questions though, if I install this will all my normal retail functions still work correctly and if I try to play a legally bought multiplayer game over Sony's network could they find out?

acn010
December 31st, 2005, 19:13
yay.................its more stable and little more functional and also the wireless function.........yes...............
but the problem is the turning off thingy..............

ctlfreak
January 1st, 2006, 09:59
@snowball the zip contents should be extracted straight to the root directory of your psp. it will put everything in the right place, the error your getting is something ive never seen before. are you sure your running 2.0 any other version and it will not work
Files should go accordingly::
\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\RUN_L09.TIF
\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\AAA.GIF
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFIBACKGROUND.PNG
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\READY.PNG
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\LOADER2.TIFF
\UTILS\EBOOT_SIGNATURE.EXE
\PSP\GAME\LOADER09.CFG
\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU09.PBP
\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU.TGA
\L_09.BIN
\A.BIN
\TSR.BIN

@ gummy no, gba will not work, you did nothing wrong

@ nuclearpengiun, nice name btw yes and no respectivly everything still works fine, this runs off a seperate thing and when its shut off it will reboot the psp. this is an image on your card, literally its a tiff file so its not something that sony will detect, they dont even do anythign of the such to my knowledge anyway. games themselves would be what determined if it were pirated

@ acn i dont see why, if you shut it down properly it takes seconds. you must be trying to cut it off with out exiting, then yes it does you need to hold the switch for like 30 secs it seems

doomgaze
January 1st, 2006, 22:08
As for gba emulators in 0.9, the PSPGBA emulator runs, but not sure if you can load any roms. Everytime, I try it crashes and reboots on me.

So just wait for an update to the emulator :)

Nono-O
January 2nd, 2006, 00:48
Please work on the UMD-Emulator PLEASE

acn010
January 2nd, 2006, 06:01
@ acn i dont see why, if you shut it down properly it takes seconds. you must be trying to cut it off with out exiting, then yes it does you need to hold the switch for like 30 secs it seems

I know that.... but that is reseting the system, im trying to say that why it doesnt turn off normally? Just with one push of the off button (not holding)

Well.............at least he did a great job with the program

BONDIE007
January 3rd, 2006, 13:44
[FONT=Garamond]OK IM A MONG AND HERE IS WHY I GOT MY PSP FROM HONG KONG :D THEN GOT SOME DOGEY GAMES N MOVIES OFF E BAY NOW MY PSP WAS V.2.0 BUT IVE DOWNGRADED IT TO V.1.50 :confused: TO PLAY THEM AND GEUSS WHAT IT DONT F*CKIN WORK ME BEING A MONG ? :confused: OR SHIT STUFF :confused: BUT I WOULD REALY LIKE SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE AND IF YOU CANT COULD YOU REFURE ME ELSE TA :D

fustin_aoe
January 7th, 2006, 01:51
Is anyone else having trouble getting PSPGBA to work? I can get the GBA loader up, but whenever I try to run a rom it just shuts my psp off.

slaphappygamer
January 10th, 2006, 02:36
Please work on the UMD-Emulator PLEASE

i 2nd that

Produkt
January 10th, 2006, 02:55
Slap happy and Nono-O go ahead you will join millions of other people helping the Homebrew scene get itself a swift kick in the crotch making a new firmware... required for games

Voltron
January 11th, 2006, 19:05
This Loader is simply amazing. Fanjita is awesome. With what this loader can accomplish and the fact that it is still a work in progress, I don't think the PSP will ever get old. It has new life breathed into it almost daily due to the strong dedicated homebrew scene. There are now articles in the mainstream such as GamePro magazine that talk about homebrew on the PSP and the the good that has come from it.

Anyway, keep up the great work Fanjita. My sincere gratitude goes out to you.

jangosolo
January 12th, 2006, 12:18
Allo

Stupid question, but will this run emu's or not? (On a 2.0 firmware) and can anyone tell me how much space I would need a memory card to run eboot and say the snes emu and a game?

Thanks for your help

blaster_boy
January 12th, 2006, 17:33
@jangosolo :

SNES emulators run on 2.00.

Amiga (PSPUAE) and Gameboy emus don't (for the moment - there's always hope !).

You don't need much space - I think even a 32 meg card would suffice for the eboot loader, the SNES emulator and a game or two plus your regular UMD game saves and a jpeg magazine or two.

A rough guestimate is between 3 and 6 mb total depending on how many snes games you want to put on it. The games I have are between 1.5 and 3 meg. The eboot itself is not even a meg alltogether.

hockey2112
January 12th, 2006, 18:23
@jangosolo :

SNES emulators run on 2.00.

Amiga (PSPUAE) and Gameboy emus don't (for the moment - there's always hope !).

You don't need much space - I think even a 32 meg card would suffice for the eboot loader, the SNES emulator and a game or two plus your regular UMD game saves and a jpeg magazine or two.

A rough guestimate is between 3 and 6 mb total depending on how many snes games you want to put on it. The games I have are between 1.5 and 3 meg. The eboot itself is not even a meg alltogether.

Do you mean Gameboy Advance don't work? Because I have Gameboy/Gameboy Color working on my 2.0 with Fanjita's loader. You can find the GB emu listed in Fanjita's list of working eboots (it is called RIN (GBC) 1.32 )

You are right that you do not need much space. I am still using my 32MB card, and I have NES, SNES, GB/GBC, Genesis, SMS, and Game Gear on it with a few games for each.

blaster_boy
January 12th, 2006, 21:38
Do you mean Gameboy Advance don't work?

Yes, the GBA emulator - I didn't know the Gameboy emus like RIN worked !

Thanks for the info.
:)

jangosolo
January 13th, 2006, 10:06
Thanks for your help, followed the instructions (checkled out fanjita's excellent compatibility chart) and it all worked first time, great piece of development!

The only thing I am unsure of now is some of the emus don't seem to have exit commands and I have to hold of the off switch for 10 secs - is this right? Its not a massive problem but I was curious...

Jaeboy
January 13th, 2006, 17:16
tested?

a-break
January 14th, 2006, 17:38
whats up could someone help me with this. how in th e**** do i put it in my psp i have no idea.and how would i add a game. where could i download games for free. please answer fast oh and what could i do to add videos i have psp video 9 but it dosent read my psp. thanks

blaster_boy
January 15th, 2006, 20:37
@jangosolo

I have the same problem to quit - sometimes it works when you press 'home' for a few seconds and wait. Other times it worked with L+R+Start, but the best results (getting back to eboot loader) I get with pressing home several times and waiting.

phyo09
January 21st, 2006, 13:24
pls tell me where can i download free psp game..and can give me a guide for eboot loader......

mine is v2.0 :confused: :confused: :confused:

K1LL3R833
January 21st, 2006, 17:47
i'm wondering can you play any games with it since it sais this:
Can't run kernel-mode applications.
- That means anything that uses wi-fi or USB access, or emulates ISOs/UMDs.
- Some minor system calls are still unsupported.

Xan
January 21st, 2006, 23:19
i'm wondering can you play any games with it since it sais this:
Can't run kernel-mode applications.
- That means anything that uses wi-fi or USB access, or emulates ISOs/UMDs.
- Some minor system calls are still unsupported.
Atm like 80-85% of homebrew runs on 2.0 with this loader.Not bad imo.
Take into fact that is 0.9 version and fanjita still works on it so in near future all system calls will be suported.For wi-fi homebrew there is wi-fi loader.

blaster_boy
January 22nd, 2006, 09:00
I would really like for uaepsp to run on 2.0 - the amiga emulator. Heard some people say that it almost worked, but not for me.

Lets hope that the next version of Fanjita's eboot loader fixes that.

LAMPRO
January 26th, 2006, 02:08
SO can i upgrade to 2.0 and use this emu for all the iso's and loveliness of my 1.5 , with the added features of the 2.0?? exciting- or should i just leave it at 1.5-- whats the big difference? any comments??

Festizzio
January 26th, 2006, 02:52
Atm like 80-85% of homebrew runs on 2.0 with this loader.Not bad imo.
Take into fact that is 0.9 version and fanjita still works on it so in near future all system calls will be suported.For wi-fi homebrew there is wi-fi loader.
I couldn't get the wifi loader to work. When I opened the folder it just froze, I tried restarting it, but it still wouldn't work.

nightcrawler420
February 3rd, 2006, 08:18
before you run the choice package start a video that on you memory stick first for about 10 sec. the start choice package now it shouldnt act as if the up button is being pushed down only flaw is now pushing R1, L1 & start does not work but on the plus side you have full access to the menu

{wdc} twisted
February 9th, 2006, 15:42
i need help, i keep downloading the snes Game Emulators for my psp and it keeps cumin up with corrupted data, wot can i do?

tylerman
February 14th, 2006, 06:04
so I can use snes9x under the gta mod but I can't use nesterj but if i use this mod I can use nes but not snes9x whats up with that

does anyone else have these problems?

Bradbiss
February 14th, 2006, 12:02
I couldn't get the wifi loader to work. When I opened the folder it just froze, I tried restarting it, but it still wouldn't work.

Hello, Not sure if the above quoted post is what i'm suffering from.

no one (except the 'big boys') seems to be outlining their problems in full for these good people to help you out.

OK! Firstly, i followed the steps in this thread to position the whole contents of the EBOOT loader v09 to the root directory on my memory stick. Replacing any files it says there are duplicates of with the same name.
(namely the PSP folder - yes i backed it up 1st!)

So i now have a memory card with various files on it (ALL from the eboot loader v09 zip file)
files include -

\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\RUN_L09.TIF
\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\AAA.GIF
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFIBACKGROUND.PNG
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\READY.PNG
\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\LOADER2.TIFF
\UTILS\EBOOT_SIGNATURE.EXE
\PSP\GAME\LOADER09.CFG
\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU09.PBP
\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU.TGA
\L_09.BIN
\A.BIN
\TSR.BIN

I then put the memory stick into the PSP,

start it up as normal (no UMD) and the start up screen appears, followed by the PSP menu screen.

Now i have ALL this stuff on my memory card and no way of using it??

i go over to the 'photo' menu, click 'x' and then the memory stick light illuminates and stays illuminated. And the whole PSP stops responding (crashes) Then after 10 seconds of displaying these symptoms the PSP turns itself off.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

goes away for 10 mins or so.......

Ahh!!!! Right i'm back!!

managed to get it to work, just deleted the Wifi loader folder from the EBOOT loader 09 folder, under PSP, Under PHOTO. Stupid folder stopping my PSP from even displaying the loader app under the PSP's photo menu.

Right... Now, i have a functioning Megadrive Emulator (PSP Genesis) except there's no sound. can anyone tell me how to get sound working on this?? any config menu's that i can access?? either from the PSP or a computer?? i've noticed that the Megadrive Emulator is all is chinese writing. quite annoying i can say.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much!!

darkknightsabre
February 14th, 2006, 12:36

Same deal. Following the readme, I loaded up wifiwallpaper (by pressing x), and end up looking at a black screen with a few blue pixels. :confused: I then restarted the system, opened the folder and it froze.

After rebooting, then loading wifiwallpaper as the background, i notice if I press home I can see that wifiwallpaper is active, :confused: It has a swirly thing next to it.. I open wifiloader folder (again) and bam! Frozen.

I guess multiplayer-psp-smash-tv is gonna have to wait... ;)
My emus all work sweet, with or without wifi this is a brilliant homebrew app. Excellent work.

delayebdird
March 4th, 2006, 03:48
u cant have some things like run homebrew apps that use kernel mode

delayebdird
March 4th, 2006, 03:50
open eboot in photo then smash tv'll work