PDA

View Full Version : Quake GX V0.04 - Quake for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
September 26th, 2008, 21:13
eluancm (http://code.google.com/p/quake-gamecube/) has tonight released a new version of Quake for the Nintendo Wii:

From the readme

Release Notes for version 0.04
New features: Transparent status bar, variable 2D resolution, now you can also rotate your weapon with the Wiimote, mods and mission packs support, a new menu for changing various new features and various bugfixes.
ID1 now resides in /apps/quake inside the SD card, to prevent pollution of the root folder with mods.
To correctly see the transparent water without artifacts, please apply Vispatch to your pak0.pak (and pak1.pak, if you have the full version) file.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

WhizzBang
September 26th, 2008, 21:44
Excellent news - this really is a superb port for the Wii.

souLLy
September 26th, 2008, 22:42
Awesome.

fook123
September 26th, 2008, 23:01
How do you load a mod?

____anders____
September 27th, 2008, 10:29
great update!

cool avatar souLLy :D

Pedro Lambrini
September 27th, 2008, 10:38
Really impressive. This must be the most fleshed out homebrew on the Wii - which for me is a bonus as the first Quake is in my top five games of all time! Well done. :)

trugamer
September 27th, 2008, 10:53
How do you load a mod?
I think you simply copy the mod folder into the same directory as the ID1 folder (so /apps/quake)

The game should auto detect it and enable you to select it. I'm going to try it now so I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: It works as stated above

Pedro Lambrini
September 27th, 2008, 12:10
Hmm, I copied my rogue and hipnotic folders (the official mission paks) into my quake/ID1 folder but the game doesn't detect them for me...Any ideas?

kevenz
September 27th, 2008, 16:47
place them in the quake folder, along with id1.

KristenBaldousor
September 27th, 2008, 17:16
Wow, pretty nice, now get multiplayer working!!!!

That'd be awesome!!!!

Sin-07
September 27th, 2008, 17:20
place them in the quake folder, along with id1.

The Mod does nott start. I've tried 2 Mods from this Site (Alien and Borg):
http://www.quaketerminus.com/addon.htm

I can see the Mod in the Qauke GX Loader but it starts only the normal Quake 1 Version.

I need help or a working Mod.

fook123
September 27th, 2008, 17:44
The Mod does nott start. I've tried 2 Mods of this Site (Alien and Borg):
http://www.quaketerminus.com/addon.htm

I can see the Mod in the Qauke GX Loader but it starts only the normal Quake 1 Version.

I need help or a working Mod.I'm having the same problem, is there something we need to type in the command prompt?

souLLy
September 27th, 2008, 18:23
great update!

cool avatar souLLy :D

Octocat ftw!

XDelusion
January 12th, 2009, 18:45
I had this and DOOM working on my friend's Wii...

...now I got a new Wii, EVERY single game works, but this and DOOM. The problem is when I press the analog forward, I go backwards, and that's the only direction I can move, but looking, firing and all that jazz works fine.

I also resynced my wiimote

justinswood
January 12th, 2009, 19:09
Isn't this just a setting problem within the controls in the quake menu? Have you tried playing around with the them (control settings)?

ChaoticanarchyX
January 13th, 2009, 23:23
I'd say redownload the files again, delete the old ones off your card, and then reload it all. And try another nun-chuck....