PDA

View Full Version : MPH Firmware launcher 1.3.7 u4

wraggster
December 25th, 2005, 15:12
miemt11 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15888) has updated the patched version of MPHs Firmware Launcher, heres whats new:

u4 version: (Only tested on Firmware Version 2.00)

1: L + SELECT to load the real/hardware original Sony UMD (Old way)
2: R + SELECT to load the real/hardware original Sony UMD (New way but unstable)
3: New method of loading the Sony UMD
4: No more L + R + SELECT boot methods
5: Internet browser should be more stable when entering web address (lesser hang does not mean no)
6: reduce eboot by 4KB ;( and some minor fix...

Download from the release thread in our forums ;) here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15888

Cap'n 1time
December 25th, 2005, 15:30
yet another fine xmas present.. some times i like to pretend they release this stuff just for me :D

T-2000
December 25th, 2005, 22:54
can someone actually explain which "boot loader" or fw loader is best, or best for running umd and homebrew, cause there is lots of confusion, and bricking my psp isnt an option..lol
im running 1.5 at the mo...

mog
December 26th, 2005, 12:16
anyone know if it runs on 1.0?

Psphreak
December 26th, 2005, 20:22
T-2000, this is the only FW loader. Don't be fooled by Yoshi's version from Sonyxteam. That guy is just copying mph's work. Stick to mph's and you're good to go. This is what you get if you were to actually flash to 2.0 firmware:

-UMD Music
-AVC Encoding (small files = very good quality)
-WebBrowser
-Added security to WiFi (WPA)

If you flash your psp to 2.0, you will still be able to play homebrew using Fanjita's Eboot loader. Most of the homebrew works BUT you won't be able to run ISO's from your memory stick.

Now, if you want to watch AVC encoded movies use mph's fw loader. This does not brick your psp in any way since you're not actually "flashing" it. It simply loads it into memory. If you want to use ALL types of homebrew, stick with 1.5 and use mph's fw loader.

At the moment there's no way of playing 2.0/2.5 games using mph's loader, but give it time. This guy works miracles. Cheers and I hope I didn't confuse you more :).

T-2000
December 26th, 2005, 23:32
Psphreak you helped a lot, you know what its like when u have to try something that could damage the psp, so yeh you really helped... thx.. my psp was v1.0 then i flashed to v2 then realised homebrew wasnt possible, mainly never tried it b4 then flashed to 1.5 where im happy, but i noticed some decent games coming out that req the new Fw, so just wondered.. amazing sony wont allow homebrew but will allow companys to bring out classics ( williams, sega, capcom ) for profit.. tha again