PDA

View Full Version : DS Doom issue - black screen after selecting single player

ciper
September 27th, 2008, 03:22
I am trying to run DS Doom for the first time and it never gets to the main game screen. I tried with the shareware wad, the retail doom 1 wad and the retail doom 2 wad with no change. Originally I had the files stored in a folder but also tried putting all of them in the root of my SD card. I am using YS Menu.

Any advice as to why it won't finish loading?

ciper
September 27th, 2008, 05:21
I solved the problem. I took the entire contents of the archive downloaded from the official site and copied them to the root of my SD card. I then took the included doom1.wad file and put a second copy of the same file but with the name doom.wad

I am still trying to figure out what went wrong the first time. Either way I can confirm the game is playable with a TTDS

Another World
October 8th, 2008, 07:31
what went wrong is that you were using a file called doom1.wad and dsdoom only supports wad files named doom.wad. so each time you hit start it tried to load the wad, but the correctly named wad wasn't there.

-another world

MinDS
May 9th, 2009, 20:20
still dont work for me on games n music cart i renamed doom 1.wad to doom.wad and patched the dldi but when i get a selection of wads and start doom wad still blank screen of DOOM! xD

BibleMan
May 12th, 2009, 19:45
Yeah, it works on the TTDS alright. Kind of off-topic, but do you know about all of the mods that you can use with Doom DS? They have everything from Mario to Star Wars to Castlevania. All you have to do is replace the .wad file.