PDA

View Full Version : If you got a PSP for christmas...

Xarius
December 25th, 2005, 22:04
It is christmas time and there will now be a flood of noobs asking about their new psp / games. I say we make a pre-emtive thread answering a ton of common questions and save us all a hassle.

1) What is a firmware?

2) How do I check which firmware I have?

3) What can I run on firmware version x.x?

4) My game requires 2.0 but I want to keep 1 / 1.5. How can I play this game?

6) How do I downgrade to version x.x?

7) How do I get [game / homebrew] to work?

8) Where can I find [game]?

Ransom
December 25th, 2005, 22:54
now for the answers lol

Iraneseth
December 27th, 2005, 04:45
How many PSPs are going to be coming with 1.0/1.5? My PSP came with 2.6 installed.

I already know most of the basic stuff, but what's the time-frame that people are coming out with downgraders for? And having gotten used to browsing the internet on my PSP now, has anyone come up with a homebrew web browser I can just slap on the thing should I decide to downgrade?

cdcspain
December 27th, 2005, 12:35
Hi there,

I am new here and would like to say I just picked up 2 psp's from china... (anybody wants the webisite I will gladly give it to them, I just dont want ppl thinking I work for them..... I live in Southern Europe and they arrived within 2 days... I was gobsmacked... they were alot cheaper and came with Firmware 1.5 and a 2 Gig card which I have happily been exerpimenting with homebrew appz... loads of fun and so far so good...

I jsut signed up to this site and hope to take in alot of the interesting information...

Hope santa was good to everyone....

Peace out

Chris

kalinost
December 28th, 2005, 01:51
Well, I got a PSP for christmas, and it came with v1.52.

The stickied tutorials on the forums here were more than helpful in getting everything working smoothly. I've now got it downgraded to 1.50, and I'm rapidly filling up my 256mb memory card with homebrewed goodness.

My only complaint, of course, is that the homebrew games seem a hell of alot more interesting than the pitiful selection I've seen in stores.