PDA

View Full Version : Merry X'mas! Neo Mini 4GB finished!

Onetonbullet
December 26th, 2005, 15:20
Wowzers...

http://www.neoflash.com/img/Neo_4GB_500/NEO_4GB-15.JPG

http://www.neoflash.com/img/Neo_4GB_500/NEO_4GB-18.JPG

http://www.neoflash.com/img/Neo_4GB_500/NEO_4GB-24.JPG

More pics:
http://www.neoflash.com

Check it out guys...It's done, and it looks great! :eek:

Only downside is that it is velcro... :(
If you could only swap drives with datel's sleeker(but still huge) device.

@ ic2005.com the 2in1 is 119.00 USD
The 4in1 is 169.00 USD(with 4GB microdrive).
The 4in1 PSP pad is 149.00 USD

Would be worth it if you had a few of those microdrives laying around.

ZeroQuest
December 26th, 2005, 19:37
I realize the development cost on something like this is going to be high, but being a developer myself, $150 is stabbing yourself in the foot. $50 a pop would sell more than enough to offset the price difference. At $50 it's affordable, at $150 it's out of most peoples price range. Expecially given the competition.

I'll wait for the $50 solution from a competitor, and the resulting $100 price drop in order to compete. ;)

self0
December 26th, 2005, 20:08
yeah but it include the 4G BYTE Micro-HD for $150, dont look bad

Maxx.Modder
December 26th, 2005, 20:23
i allready have a 5gb microdrive ;)

yanky
December 26th, 2005, 20:38
i agree with zero....for those of us that dont want to use microdrives or have compact flash cards lying around already, the option to buy just the adapter would be much more appealing. after hearing the reports of hangs due to accessing on the microdrive when watching movies, im hesitant to use microdrives instead of solid state memory. just my two cents though.

T-2000
December 26th, 2005, 23:38
i got the datel one, and there was a slip of paper saying that there will be lag on movies, so they suggest using AVC which needs a higher firmware, so movies is a no go, unless i use the 1gb card..

YourStillWithMe
December 27th, 2005, 02:34
I have a 2GB Stick and two 1GB sticks im ok :)

SamuraiXmas
December 27th, 2005, 04:27
As of right now, no PSP game ISO's go over 1 gb (For use playing copies of games you already own ofcourse ;P) so why would anyone want 4 gigs of storage on their PSP? I'm a video encoder, and with homebrew AVI support (not sure about official firmware support) a movie shouldn't run over 600-700MB at the most and I assume that noone can come up with a situation where they would need more than an entire full length feature film to occupy them (On a plane I'd imagine you'd just bring a laptop like a normal person to watch movies. I saw twin 8-10 year old boys with their own laptops at the airport on my last trip to vegas). So in other words, where is my motivation for shilling out almost the cost of a PSP, for memory way above the call of duty that will in essence make my PSP unportable? (I define portable as in my pocket for a mobile gaming platform).

Oh and the 4GB from Datel has made it to the big leagues. Best Buy is carrying them for 220 USD.

djub
December 27th, 2005, 05:39
Try getting by a two week trip with PSP, 1 gig ms and no laptop.
Which game, which music, movie for flight?

deluxe
December 27th, 2005, 09:08
As of right now, no PSP game ISO's go over 1 gb
Wrong. There's lots of ISO's that are over 1gb, Midnight Club for example.

Anyway, the need for 4gb is huge. You must not recognize the PDP abilities of the PSP. I want to carry not only several game ISOs, but a gig or so of mp3s, maybe a movie or two to watch, some TV episodes... etc. I spend 4 hours a week on the subway, each way is an hour. I don't have the time to constantly plug in the PSP and reshuffle what I've got on there. Hell, I want a 200gb PSP.

rebel
December 27th, 2005, 10:58
Hemm hope the price getting lower!! And need more power for the batt to stay alive longger! hope sony make fuel cell for psp hehhe or someone!!!

VFerg
December 27th, 2005, 11:52
This is really cool. And for the 150 it comes with the a 4 gig stick too right? If thats the case its not a horrible price for it at all, and in my opinion looks alot better the datels version. I just got the 1 gig stick over the holidays so I guess im set to wait until something even better comes out.

On the point that why would you want 4 gigs of memory, I would say just so I dont have to keep going back to the computer every time I watch a few shows or movies that fit on a 1 gig stick, and besides that I would have the free space to keep other stuff on it (like music) that im not going to delete often, without running out of space worrying if the movies will fit on it with all the music as well. Plus I dont own a laptop so thats out of the question, guess im not that "normal"~

Onetonbullet
December 27th, 2005, 14:21
I noticed in the pics that the cable is hidden by a piece of felt...Kinda sucks. I can't wait to see what team Xecuter is developing for psp, but they say it will support any IDE drive. DELUXE>You might get your 200GB HDD for PSP: When asked about the 4GB firmware limit, Xecuter replied "What 4GB limit?".

dtale15
January 1st, 2006, 14:16
hmm nice job finding this