PDA

View Full Version : Uo FBA4PSP 27/09/2008 - Final Burn Arcade Emulator for PSP Now Supports CPS3

wraggster
September 28th, 2008, 00:32
The unknown coder behind this unofficial version of the Final Burn Arcade emulator for PSP has released a newer update, i still dont have a name or actual working website for this release but im told that this release has frame skipping and for the first time this emulator supports CPS3, i cant confirm myself so please try and let us know. To be able to Play CPS3 youll need a PSP Slim

Download and Give us your Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

dcorreia
September 28th, 2008, 00:43
Here's the site I've been downloading releases from:

http://pspnfo.orz.hm/bbs/test/read.cgi/users/1170918083/l50

jvabbdac
September 28th, 2008, 01:28
WTF !!! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE !!! Maybe is a very slow emul ! I will give a try ! But, I don't spect too much ! CPS3 runs slow on PC... On PSP must be sux !

repuken2
September 28th, 2008, 01:59
it's slow but i expected it to be even slower, besides it's first release, maybe a straight port, no optimization at all and sound is turned on by default, no way to disable it.

I hope this improves, it'd be a dream come true. I think psp can handle decently if optimized.

jvabbdac
September 28th, 2008, 02:36
Yeah... I already try it ! It's ver slow... but is better than N64 emu !

tuta
September 28th, 2008, 04:14
How did you guys get the cps3 part to work
I am kinda new to FBA and then theres a cache thingy
Is there a step by step faq to get cps3 running?

pkmaximum
September 28th, 2008, 06:50
I'm satisfied with NJ's emulators =) But the CPS-3 support if that turns out to be something I will be ecstatic!

jvabbdac
September 28th, 2008, 06:54
You must have a psp slim first... You don't need to create cache, the emu create automatic, but you must see the rom list and find the right rom to use, when you find it (use google, or your best "rom world" site) you must load rom for some times, I had the same problem too, when I try in my first time... Use O to load one time, so you must push O again !

YEAH !!! CPS3 RULES !!! IT'S BEST EMU EVER FOR PSP !!! WILL BE GREAT IF WORK FULLSPEED SOME DAY (GREAT PROGRESS FOR NOW)

pimpmaul69
September 28th, 2008, 06:56
exception error and crashes on every game. how do you get it to work??

odino
September 28th, 2008, 07:23
I think that cps3 with a dynarec or an asm core could be very very fast.

dazman
September 28th, 2008, 08:44
How do you install this?

hack.fool
September 28th, 2008, 09:02
OMG!!!
WWF Wrestle Fest run just PERFECT!!
even OutZone run great
Tumblepop got some sprite issue
I wonder why SF3 won't load..

Mr. Shizzy
September 28th, 2008, 09:02
What CPS3 games are confirmed working with this [and how well] ?

This is BIG news for the PSP scene :D

EDIT: Ahh ok, didn't see this till after I posted. SF3 is the only game I tried. [I was like wtf !?! It wont load :P]

And OMG about WWF WrestleFest. :D :D :D This is one of my ALL TIME fav childhood games. :D (They had the arcade cabinet at my hometown ice cream parlor)

hack.fool
September 28th, 2008, 09:31
I found how to load SF3 roms:
rename zip archive from sfiii to sfiiin ( so sfiii3 become sfiii3n )
this way the emu start to load it but the game won't start!

EDIT: ok just keep a lot of free space on your ms cause the cache is being created while the rom is loading!!
lack of free space cause crash while loading..

tuta
September 28th, 2008, 09:47
You must have a psp slim first... You don't need to create cache, the emu create automatic, but you must see the rom list and find the right rom to use, when you find it (use google, or your best "rom world" site) you must load rom for some times, I had the same problem too, when I try in my first time... Use O to load one time, so you must push O again !

YEAH !!! CPS3 RULES !!! IT'S BEST EMU EVER FOR PSP !!! WILL BE GREAT IF WORK FULLSPEED SOME DAY (GREAT PROGRESS FOR NOW)

Great thx I got it up and running
and if u disable frameskips it runs smooth but slow though
it seems like its running on like 15/60fps i think
but for a cps3 diehard its bearable especially sf3 3rd strike on the go and I am mashing a perfect in 18 slow mo seconds butt kicking dudley in the arse with ryu

WTF !!! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE !!! Maybe is a very slow emul ! I will give a try ! But, I don't spect too much ! CPS3 runs slow on PC... On PSP must be sux !

actually cps3 runs near perfect with this emu on the pc i mean
http://www.barryharris.me.uk/article_view.php?id=128

speedvicio
September 28th, 2008, 10:59
For CPSIII emulation, you use the rom no cd version.

sfIIIn , sfIII2n, sfIII3n etc (no rename, the real no cd version).

When the emulator create the cache, the process stops, press again circle button and the game start.

Sorry for bad english.

bosanova_x
September 28th, 2008, 13:57
Ive been waiting for something like this, im gona give it a go.

Baboon
September 28th, 2008, 21:10
I've got quite a few large games running on my phat psp so im v happy! :),

I've not bothered trying any CPS1, CPS2 or NeoGeo stuff as NJ's are already perfect. I hope CPS3 gets sorted and that the programmer will eventual fix out the caching so CPS3 will work on phat psps as well as slims (which is a possibility seeing as caching is already working on games around the 20mb in size on phats).

Some newish (and large) shooters that run 100% perfect for me : donpachi, dodonpachi, esprade, guwange (which is amazing!)... plus snow bros (1,2&3), hyper pacman, outzone, double dragon 3, hellfire, ... etc etc

Most taito games are either running slow or run fine but have weird sound problems (chase hq, ninja warriors, rainbow islands etc), but taito hardware is mentioned in the readme that theres a few probs with games.

One game i really want to work on this is wwf wretlefest but it doesnt seem to do anything on my phat psp... and im sure i got the right rom version? ...its weird as wrestlefest should easily work on the psp considering much larger games like guwanage (18mb+) work perfect while wrestlefest is about 4mb?

Can anyone with a phat psp confirm if wwf wrestlefest works for them?

This emu is shaping up nicely and with all its regular updates its recieving is getting close to NJ's masterpeices! :)

Eviltaco64
September 28th, 2008, 22:19
Would be amazing to play 3rd Strike on PSP.

djemotion
September 29th, 2008, 00:06
slow on pc i been playing sf 3 3rd strike at decent speed 4 ages

fpcreator2000
September 29th, 2008, 09:02
How long does it take for the game to load?
It created the cache but the game seems not to load even though it gives me the loading sfIII2_asia....... status bar at the bottom.

Baboon
September 29th, 2008, 10:14
So has anybody got wwf wrestlefest working on a phat psp yet with this emu?

Art
September 29th, 2008, 11:51
Any support for the analogue stick yet???

hack.fool
September 29th, 2008, 11:58
How long does it take for the game to load?
It created the cache but the game seems not to load even though it gives me the loading sfIII2_asia....... status bar at the bottom.

open your sfiii2 zip and take out 29f400.u2, rename it to sfiii2_asia_nocd.29f400.u2 then put inside the archive.
it worked for me to load sfiii..

primacron
September 30th, 2008, 19:55
So has anybody got wwf wrestlefest working on a phat psp yet with this emu?

I've tried about 10 roms of Wrestlefest, but can't get any of them to load on my Phat PSP. On a different note, Combatribes runs perfectly, though! :o

Baboon
September 30th, 2008, 20:24
I've tried about 10 roms of Wrestlefest, but can't get any of them to load on my Phat PSP. On a different note, Combatribes runs perfectly, though! :o

Yeah its defo currently not working on my phat psp. It doesnt create a cache for wrestlefest like some of the other larger games (that do work) so maybe a future update will create cache fles for other titles too.

Thanks for the reply.

paladinja
September 30th, 2008, 22:07
Ok, I'm going to try to contain my excitement here and stick to the facts...but just know that I am nearly as excited about the prospect of playing CPS3 on PSP as I would be if my girlfriend sprouted a third and a fourth breast. Yeah. Moving on:

So I'm on a PSPhat (1000), running CFW 3.80M33-5.
Is that enough to partake in the goodness here or would anyone suggest what CFW I need to graduate to?

Can anyone on a PSPhat confirm any success of running no-disk CPS3 roms? What percent speed are we looking at?

Also, how is it that people are only psyched about SF3? Don't get me wrong, Sf3 is my favorite game and will be until Feb '09 (you know what I'm sayin'), but JoJo and Warzard are AWESOME. People just dis Warzard because you can't BE all the characters... but you can be a Kenji, and that's damn good enough for me. Anyway, I highly recommend checking them out.

Big thanks to anyone that can help me out with the CFW issue.

Baboon
October 1st, 2008, 09:09
Ok, I'm going to try to contain my excitement here and stick to the facts...but just know that I am nearly as excited about the prospect of playing CPS3 on PSP as I would be if my girlfriend sprouted a third and a fourth breast. Yeah. Moving on:

So I'm on a PSPhat (1000), running CFW 3.80M33-5.
Is that enough to partake in the goodness here or would anyone suggest what CFW I need to graduate to?

Can anyone on a PSPhat confirm any success of running no-disk CPS3 roms? What percent speed are we looking at?

Also, how is it that people are only psyched about SF3? Don't get me wrong, Sf3 is my favorite game and will be until Feb '09 (you know what I'm sayin'), but JoJo and Warzard are AWESOME. People just dis Warzard because you can't BE all the characters... but you can be a Kenji, and that's damn good enough for me. Anyway, I highly recommend checking them out.

Big thanks to anyone that can help me out with the CFW issue.

er? ...you will have to contain your excitement as you currently need a psp slim to play CPS3 games. lol

Some of the large shooters (non cps3 - cave etc) are working great on this emu though (Guwanage, Dodonpachi etc) as they incorporate caching on the phat and slim... I'm sure given a bit more time cps3 will come to the phat too (in much the same way as nj's perfect emu's).

Oh and this emu should work fine on your current psp firmware. :)

paladinja
October 1st, 2008, 21:09
Cheers Baboon, it's probably best that such levels of excitement BE contained, actually. Honestly tho, I hope this gets suited for the Psphattys with a quickness, because I give myself no more than a month (or until the first full moon) before my body goes all "uncontrollable were-gamer" and buys a slim without the consent of my sense of fiscal responsibility JUST to play CPS3. I'll probably wake up in shredded clothes lying curbside in a pool of my own loose change... again.

Anyway, on the site dcorreia mentioned on page 1, the cryptic oracle that is google-translation interprets the latest entry as,
"The combining which being you think that it is harsh, (with problem of media capacity and problem of memory) including also the problem of PSP1000, release it should do is not the utility of CPS3 with another?"
So... yeah, we've got that going for us... Wait, what? I dunno, if it's a changelog then that's great, if it's an admission of defeat... then not so much. Anybody read japanese?

Baboon
October 1st, 2008, 21:38
Well I wouldn't rush out and get a slim just yet. lol ...as from what I've read compatibility for cps3 is currently very poor and no games are yet really playable on the psp.

I wish we had a direct (preferably english) source to this devolpers updates/releases for psp fba?

I hope this guy cracks the holy grail that is cps3 on the psp though! :)

omac3
December 15th, 2008, 15:40
For CPSIII emulation, you use the rom no cd version.

sfIIIn , sfIII2n, sfIII3n etc (no rename, the real no cd version).

When the emulator create the cache, the process stops, press again circle button and the game start.

Sorry for bad english.

anybody got any idea if warzard, jojo or jojo ba work on this? i'm tryin this stuff out & i got the same problem it loads when u rename the rom files with an "n" at the end, but the games dont load. maybe i have to wait abit longer.

jurkevicz
December 15th, 2008, 22:08
well sfIII 2nd drivers have been removed so I guess Jojo's drivers have been removed as well for now.

uranidiot
July 3rd, 2009, 10:49
any please tell me how to get wrestlefest working. on my cfw phat 5.00m33-6