PDA

View Full Version : PSPHUGO: PC Engine Emulator for PSP v1.0.4

zx-81
September 28th, 2008, 12:51
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/psphugo-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

For those who haven't seen previous version Hu-Go is a famous emulator
of NEC PC Engine console, running on many system such as Linux and Windows.
(see http://www.zeograd.com/ for details)

PSPHugo is a port on PSP of one latest version of Hu-Go.

What's new then in this version :

- Improve global emulation speed, PC Kid is now fullspeed even at 222Mhz
(overclock parameter set to 26 and sound 22Khz mono)
- HCD file support but sound audio track are still ignored
- Cheat support !
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
(It is all explained in the README file on a simple example)

Thanks to NC and my son for beta testing.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence v2,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You can find it here : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ste
September 28th, 2008, 19:59
Cool. Hope my Super Ghouls works now!

zx-81
September 28th, 2008, 21:31
there is no compatibility change in this version ...

brandonheat8
September 29th, 2008, 01:04
it works perfectly, but i wonder why music in cd games are still ignored, (must be hard like sega cd)

Dembonz
September 29th, 2008, 07:01
Thanks Zx, but I'm having a problem. Menu works and loads roms, I have audio but no video on all games. Just a black screen. Worked great the past 3 releases. Fresh install and default setting and still nothing. Anyone else or am I alone?
I have a slim 3.90m33-3 no plugins.
Just tried v1.0.3 again and it works just fine. Help.

zx-81
September 29th, 2008, 08:31
Thanks Zx, but I'm having a problem. Menu works and loads roms, I have audio but no video on all games. Just a black screen. Worked great the past 3 releases. Fresh install and default setting and still nothing. Anyone else or am I alone?
I have a slim 3.90m33-3 no plugins.
Just tried v1.0.3 again and it works just fine. Help.

Try the version available on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity

ACID
September 29th, 2008, 15:16
Glad ZX is still around to relive another great classic emulator. Was waiting for this one for years now :)

mhbx
September 29th, 2008, 18:00
HI!
why is bomberman 94 (j) so slow now? 40 fps :(

zx-81
September 29th, 2008, 22:18
you can still put the cpu clock to 300 or 333 to get full speed ...

mhbx
September 29th, 2008, 23:32
you can still put the cpu clock to 300 or 333 to get full speed ...

nope :(
1.01 works great - 1.04 is slow
and i already tried 333 ;)

4.01 m33-2 on slim

please try it yourself

Dembonz
October 4th, 2008, 04:22
*sigh*
Zx, I downloaded 1.0.4 from your site/blog, started fresh and am having the same problem. Everything works fine, with the exception that I have no video displayed when games load. Audio works. Roms are good.
What bothers me is that, strangely, it worked last night for a little while, but when I restarted it later, I was back to no video and it's been like that since.
Even when I delete everything and start over with default settings it's the same thing. I have no problems with older versions so I should use 1.0.3 which works, or wait for a new version ;)
Seems I'm an isolated case, so there's nothing we can do. I'm not new to this scene and know how to do this stuff, so I'm completely baffled. Ah well...
Thanks for your hard work, it's apprectiated.
PSP Slim, 390m33-3, M33 mem stick driver, @333mhz, no plugins, no shells.. etc.

zx-81
October 4th, 2008, 17:53
*sigh*
PSP Slim, 390m33-3, M33 mem stick driver, @333mhz, no plugins, no shells.. etc.

Try to start this emu using a lower clock speed. The GPU initialization may failed (it happens sometimes to me when i'm debugging this emu) and like you i've got a black screen .. I have to re-compile the psp_gu.c file using different parameters, and then it works ...

Dembonz
October 5th, 2008, 02:28
Try to start this emu using a lower clock speed. The GPU initialization may failed (it happens sometimes to me when i'm debugging this emu) and like you i've got a black screen .. I have to re-compile the psp_gu.c file using different parameters, and then it works ...

Thanks for taking the time out to respond.
I lowered the clock speed on my PSP to default and still don't have graphics. I deleted everything and put 1.0.3 back on and it works. Then I copied the 1.0.4 eboot into the 1.0.3 folder hoping it might work but it didn't.
Everyone else seems fine with 1.0.4, and I know you tested, so I guess maybe there's just something going on with my PSP. Like you said the GPU isn't initializing. The only thing I've done lately is run RemoteJoy Lite plugin, but it's on another mem stick completely. Does it alter Flash? dont think so....
Well, we can let this rest because I'm sure you're busy. I do appreciate you and your work in the PSP scene. Maybe I'll have better luck with 1.0.5 ;)

zx-81
October 5th, 2008, 10:35
I do appreciate you and your work in the PSP scene. Maybe I'll have better luck with 1.0.5 ;)

Please send me an email (you should find it in the README file) and i will give you a beta to test with ;)