PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 5.0 Released to Developers - Rumour

wraggster
September 28th, 2008, 18:55
PSP Gen (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8099&mode=&order=0&thold=0)the french psp site has posted that PSP developers have the new firmware version 5.0, lets hope its got some great new features:

heres the translation:

The firmware 5.0 beta is now available to developers official order to test and adapt the games in progress on this new version that will equip our PSP in some time.

As with every major version (here the passage 5.x), it is natural to ask "what is the big novelty that justifies this change in number?"

Hard to say but it is certain that everyone expects and hopes, no doubt, the arrival of a new browser and direct access to the PlayStation Store without needing a PC or a PS3 .

So what?
We should be able to tell you a little more during the evening with pictures and video analysis.

What would you like to see in a PSP Firmware V5.0 ?

Buddy4point0
September 28th, 2008, 20:55
Awesome!

I can't wait to see 5.0 m33!

A new browser and assess to the Playstation store were much needed features!
I'm sure we'll get even more great features with 5.0!

SamUK
September 28th, 2008, 21:24
i hope so

alanparker05
September 28th, 2008, 23:34
I've given up getting excited about official updates... version 4.00 only offered small updates, so just because it's a major number change... well it means nothing

flaminfox
September 28th, 2008, 23:51
wth?? from 4.05 to 5.00 no way, Sony isnt going to make that big of a jump, not even for the psp-3000..

Buddy4point0
September 29th, 2008, 00:02
wth?? from 4.05 to 5.00 no way, Sony isnt going to make that big of a jump, not even for the psp-3000..

PSP firmware jumped from 1.0 to 1.5,1.51,1.52 and then 2.0, 2.5.

Right now it's at 4.05 or something I believe so It wouldn't be much different.
It wasn't until after 2.5 that they started making so many little updates with small features and low version number increases.

Hopefully the big jump from 4.05 to 5.0 will also mean a big jump in features. (It has in the past)

ICE
September 29th, 2008, 00:13
Im not buying it. We've heard this sort of thing before.

brandonheat8
September 29th, 2008, 00:59
hmm... i want either a new type of music format playable, or a new video format playable.

jvabbdac
September 29th, 2008, 01:09
Dvix !!! Please !!!!

Veskgar
September 29th, 2008, 04:20
Dvix !!! Please !!!!
You said it. More video codec support. With the much improved screen on the PSP 3000, watching video on it is going to be more practical.

jamotto
September 29th, 2008, 05:08
Wouldn't mind Flac support, Divx or even better Xvid support in MP4 files, the Opera browser would be nice, built-in password locking on startup and oh what the heck while they are at it throw in an alarm clock option.

alanparker05
September 29th, 2008, 05:20
People hoping for big new features need to remember the psp is going to have around a 10 year life... all of these updated features are going to be thinly spread out over the next 7 years, so divx could come now or 4 years from now

b_simpson1999
September 29th, 2008, 09:42
who cares anymore they dont do big updates anymore they only update that was any good was ps1 emulatorlated (yeah i know i spelt it wrong) they cant really top that

addman999
September 29th, 2008, 19:09
surely a decent flash player for the browser. so we can watch you tube etc. Some much needed support for avi divx videos also.

But what i would totally love is a music player/storer like itunes but i doubt it.

zxxxy18
September 29th, 2008, 19:21
it will be good that they add full java support so you can play runescape on your psp. and avi suprt will be awesome cause you dont need to convert anything anymore... maybee new kind of game files. somethine like eboot.elf. =D i know ewrything i sed sounds stupid but it will be cool 4 me!
p.s. soz about bad english...

pimp12
September 29th, 2008, 23:01
What I really want is a Flash Player 7/8 incorperated into the PSP's browser, and a higher version of JScript.

pkmaximum
September 30th, 2008, 09:43
You guys really think full java and flash is going to happen =P Runescape on your PSP? Lol I hope that is wishful thinking cause that isn't feasible in the least. Full flash support I don't think so either >_> The PSP doesn't handle anything above Flash 6.... I don't think Flash 7 and 8 will run quick enough to watch a video.

Now divX support? IDK is it possible? Why has no homebrew coder been able to make one... >_>

AshTR
September 30th, 2008, 11:07
Now divX support? IDK is it possible? Why has no homebrew coder been able to make one... >_>

PSPTube supports DivX and Xvid files. As does PSPlayer, although PSPTube runs em much smoother.

Would be nice if Sony would just add it in officially.

jefdizon
September 30th, 2008, 15:47
I suppose having FLAC APE AAC etc... audio support and DivX / XviD is indeed a must and has become standard with most PMP's in the market today.

:D What I really want is a built in E-book / PDF viewer and a simple and robust file manager. I'm keeping my fingers (all of them) crossed. :rolleyes:

ab9003
October 2nd, 2008, 04:35
An update to the browser would definately be the best thing and something I'm really hoping for as version 4.0 wasn't exactly spectacular..

Voorhees
October 2nd, 2008, 09:38
It would really be something to see a PS2 emulator, it is possible if the emu lowers the graphics automaticly. And people, donīt complain on me and say "PS2 for PSP is impossible" In this day, in this world, 2008, everything is possible.
Xbox emu for PSP is possible, but then it would be REALLLLLLY EXTREMELY slow. And noone would boulder to do an emulator that wont play or do anything at all.

Zin0099
October 2nd, 2008, 19:53
give me a better web browser if flashplayer 7 or 8 is not good for psp why can we watch and download youtube videos? maybe a good internet browser needs to be made as psptube was an EBOOT file!? I was also thinking since there is going to be 5 differant kernal modes:
would a shell be able to use all 5 or do we need all fw downloaded so we can make sure we have full compatibillity with all homebrew? i mean irshell won't work past kernal mode 3.XX unless you have 1.50 and a fat psp.

Jonathanho87
November 27th, 2008, 05:36
Now my PSP version is 5.00 which is not a m33 version.. i download m33-3 which i want to upgrade it but i don't work.. I even have m33 and m33-2.. can i know why?
I want to play game on iso now it dont work anyways that i can do? what is th step..
Please help me.. Thanks..