PDA

View Full Version : Quake II PSP - More Screenshots

wraggster
December 26th, 2005, 21:35
McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) has posted more screenshots of his port of Quake 2 to the PSP and also has released a cell shading tutorial

Check out the yummy screenshots and the tutorial via the comments:

Sharkey
December 26th, 2005, 21:43
nice, thanx for the screens.
a bit dark but the weapon textures look spot on.
i guess i should go about collecting mods to try out on it.
*patiently awaits the release*

Nono-O
December 27th, 2005, 00:33
yeah
this looks very nice

Tomppa
December 27th, 2005, 12:21
It's not just "a bit dark", it does not draw the level yet, so, all black. If thats what you mean?

E: I sounded a little offensive first, I changed something.

PSmonkey
December 27th, 2005, 21:04
As everybody can tell (my bsp viewer). I more then look forward to this release. Hopefuly it will be mod friendly & hopefuly src is released so we can add wifi in.

McZonk
December 28th, 2005, 00:08
Live on "The Ultimate Meeting"

MadMonkee
December 28th, 2005, 04:52
Live on "The Ultimate Meeting"

YOU ARE INDEED HOLY MY FRIEND!

Do you know how many months of non-stop Quake 2 hours I have spent when I was 13? I was amazed at the multiplayer capability and the game itself alone. I wonder if the graphics are possible to be made "Glide" like shading. Ya know, looks software mode, is that possible for Homebrew coding yet?

For example Dynasty Warriors looks "Software Mode"
Where as Wipeout Pure looks like "Glide" mode.

PSmonkey
December 28th, 2005, 04:58
McZonk,

You have my congrats and pitty. Thoes clipped polygons wont be an easy solution to fix. :(

If you figure one out, let me know. i'm still stuck trying to figure out a solid solution.

bugo
December 28th, 2005, 05:02
OMG, you really have a gift! bring this awesome game to our lifes again...
IŽll be waiting for a demo...

Good 2006!

gotmilk0112
December 28th, 2005, 14:52
@Mczonk: Can you put the CPU Clock up to 333mhz? if you could Q2 would run a heck of a lot faster like 50fps \ 60fps mabey. (if its at 30fps on 222mhz)

Tomppa
December 28th, 2005, 16:03
Ah, great! So close to finishing ;) gotmilk0112, maybe, but, why? Do you have a problem with 30fps? I could bet that the screen can't show more than 30fps, if even that.. I've heard that it is possible to use 333 anyways.

bah
December 28th, 2005, 18:29
Great work!
This port is going to be putting big cheezy grins on a lot of faces.

MadMonkee
December 29th, 2005, 00:44
Seriously man, I'd buy this shit if it was a UMD... You got some skill. QUAKE 2 BITCHES!

PSmonkey
December 29th, 2005, 09:06
Ah, great! So close to finishing ;) gotmilk0112, maybe, but, why? Do you have a problem with 30fps? I could bet that the screen can't show more than 30fps, if even that.. I've heard that it is possible to use 333 anyways.

The psp can do 60fps. The game is probably getting 30fps due to a geometry rendering limit that I even ran into. If zonk makes sures to pre cull as much hidden geometry as posible he should be able to do 60fps.

I hope the src is released. I might be interested in going in and adding lightmap suport since i think quake 2 originaly only used vertex coloring & not lightmaps (q3 uses either-or but is optimal on lightmaps).

Kenosos
December 29th, 2005, 17:02
OMG Freaking awsome leep up the amazing work.

From what iv heard it should be possible to put it up to 333 since the only thing thats restricting it is the libaries sony provide to game developers and if the developer puts it over 233 in testing sony will reject the game.
So its not the frimware limiting the proccessor so homebrew games should be able to use 333 but I do not know if any of this is true but it makes sense.