PDA

View Full Version : GTA Chinatown Wars drug-dealing minigame elicits 'fury' from UK drug support group

wraggster
September 28th, 2008, 23:48
Well, that certainly didn't take long. Along with Wednesday's revelation that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars would include a drug-dealing minigame came a potent tingling of our "controversy-sense" -- said tingle was justified Thursday by an article in the British tabloid The Sun, titled Fury Over Drug Deal Vid Game. In the article, Darren Gold, speaking on behalf of UK support group Drugsline, called out the title for its "glamorization" of drug-dealing and "substance misuse".

In related, breaking news, Rockstar may thoroughly enjoy the game-selling hype that arises from this kind of controversy. More at eleven!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/28/gta-chinatown-wars-drug-dealing-minigame-elicits-fury-from-uk/

wiggy fuzz
September 29th, 2008, 07:47
you know, they should have banned bioshock. that featured a dude injecting himself with various drugs, and clearly enjoying it at that.

goshogun1
September 29th, 2008, 19:28
Yeah, but Bioshock was using imaginary drugs. You weren't injecting "meth" or "heroin". It's the specific names that's got everyone in an uproar. GTA DS could have gotten away with it easier if they had gone that route. (or at least had some subtlety) Either way, GTAIV was the last GTA for me anyway.

K1ckass
September 29th, 2008, 21:56
*plays the drugs minigame*

Oh yeah, now I gotta go sell drugs in RL and get addicted myself. Afterwards, I will probably kill myself out of misery..

It's a GAME, seems some ppl still don't get that.