PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Neither Confirms Nor Denies New DS

wraggster
September 29th, 2008, 19:10
After Japan's mainstream newspaper Nikkei announced a new DS with a camera, music player and enhanced wireless functionality, Nintendo had to say something in response. To gaming magazine Famiitsu:

We are always developing new products. However, since nothing has been announced officially, we are unable to comment at this time.
That's the most softly delivered "no comment" that I've ever seen. But take it as you will.

http://gizmodo.com/5056168/nintendo-neither-confirms-nor-denies-new-ds

kcajblue
September 29th, 2008, 20:41
while all of that stuff would be cool.
i still doubt there will be a new ds.

ICE
September 29th, 2008, 21:01
They certainly dont need to make one.. I hope they do though :D

smero
September 29th, 2008, 21:34
A new ds would be totaly awesome,
but with the additions of camera and music player i think there just trying to compete with apple iphone or other cell phone companys.

Pilot_51
September 30th, 2008, 20:53
We are always developing new products. However, since nothing has been announced officially, we are unable to comment at this time.
That's the most softly delivered "no comment" that I've ever seen. But take it as you will.True, it might be the softest "no comment" ever, but it's been used before in response to one or two of the other DS rumors. Obviously Nintendo is working on the next version, redesign or new generation (I hope new generation), but as for this rumor being correct I really doubt it. It sort of violates their "blue ocean strategy" by reducing their focus from gaming and into the multipurpose multimedia entertainment that the PSP and iPhone/iPod have been known for. Nintendo doesn't have much of a reason to release a new handheld until the DS sales drop, yet I keep hearing about the DS being sold out in some places. All they really need to do is release a new color and nearly everyone in Japan will buy like their 6th DS. It seems that the only reason these rumors are coming up is because people constantly want something new and Nintendo has been known for releasing new handhelds about every 2 years, but none of their previous handhelds have come close to the success of the DS.

As many people are saying, there have been too many rumors about a new DS, each with a different take on the specs and release date, so I'm not expecting anything until Nintendo officially announces it.