PDA

View Full Version : GeeXboX 0.1alpha3

wraggster
October 1st, 2008, 20:25
New release from Farter: (http://www.geexbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9897)

GeeXboX is a media player software. It can play videos, play music (with visualization) and display photo slideshows.

Major new features: bluetooth (remote control, obex file push, networking and audio partially working), USB storage, USB Ethernet, http/telnet/ftp server, netstreaming, image viewer, goom visuals for audio playback, .... Most of the new features are fully or partially tested, some are not, yet.

20081001: 0.1alpha3. Bugfix release.

Implementation of optional 'vsync' to improve screen tearing in certain cases
Support for on-the-fly aspect ratio change
Fixed DVD-VIDEO aspect ratio error when switching between menu and movie
Disabling libass to fix lagging and freezing caused by text subtitles
Disabling colored spu to fix DVD-VIDEO/vobsub subtitile display
Support for vobsub subtitles in rar archive format
Support for optionally lowering subtitles into blackbars
Fixed subtitle charset conversion
Update to MPlayer r27630

Download Here (http://www.rayfile.com/files/6468c370-8f31-11dd-80e3-0014221b798a/) or Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3dfc3f4914debf77d2db6fb9a8902bda) and Give feedback Via Comments

iofthestorm
October 1st, 2008, 22:22
Does this play DVD's now? The previous alpha did not, so these changes are a bit confusing. Is it just referring to .vob files on some other media?

tinman
October 1st, 2008, 22:27
Your very fast wraggster I was going to post about this and, before clicking submit did a quick search ;)

Anyway this is a great application, It supports my 300 WD USB HDD (1/2 FAT32, and 1/2 NTFS). I have yet too fine a media format it will not play.

Great work, can't wait too see HFS+ support :D

MichaelA
October 2nd, 2008, 08:40
Has anyone gotten this to mount shares on a windows box? I've been using the previous versions to play files off a USB drive and it works flawlessly, but it would be nice to play off a share from time to time. I followed the docs and edited config files but never got it to work. Might try again with this new version.

souLLy
October 2nd, 2008, 09:08
pretty awesome stuff, watched an episode of family guy on this yesterday and it looked great

KristenBaldousor
October 2nd, 2008, 20:02
Having problems witha 16gb corsair usb stick, won't be recognized, any idea why?

tinman
October 3rd, 2008, 00:48
Having problems witha 16gb corsair usb stick, won't be recognized, any idea why?

GeeXboX is Linux the kernel used has some problems with corsair drives. You could try to format it as FAT32 in XP.

format X: /FS:FAT32 /U (X = USB drive)

WizardOfOdd
October 3rd, 2008, 13:18
Tried this today, and it ran a video file off the SD card just great. However, booting the media player with a USB stick in the back caused it to go in to an endless loops of error messages. (I couldn't read them, they were scrolling too fast). Also booting with a GC memory card in place had the same effect.

Any ideas?

I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB USB stick formatted to FAT32.

KristenBaldousor
October 3rd, 2008, 17:08
GeeXboX is Linux the kernel used has some problems with corsair drives. You could try to format it as FAT32 in XP.

format X: /FS:FAT32 /U (X = USB drive)

Well, its current format is FAT32, else it wouldn't be able to be read by my car mp3 player (those that are connected on the lighter energy slot and transfer via FM to my car radio) but 'll try what you suggest today

There are some videos that PS3 can't read and i'm to lazy to connect my lap to my tv, xDDDDD

iofthestorm
October 4th, 2008, 06:37
Has anyone gotten this to mount shares on a windows box? I've been using the previous versions to play files off a USB drive and it works flawlessly, but it would be nice to play off a share from time to time. I followed the docs and edited config files but never got it to work. Might try again with this new version.

Wii linux doesn't have wifi support yet, you need to use a LAN adapter to access network shares with GeeXboX.

Also, anyone try playing a DVD with it? I see options for DVD playback but do they actually work or are they remnants from the Linux version? Haven't bothered to try one yet myself.

MichaelA
October 4th, 2008, 09:45
Thanks iofthestorm! I never actually saw that mentioned anywhere on the Geexbox info -- I didn't know linux couldn't access wifi on the Wii.

Maybe I'll have to get a LAN adapter now...