PDA

View Full Version : Pandora - So Who Preordered One ?

wraggster
October 1st, 2008, 22:01
It has been a mad mad day or two in the homebrew scene and many sites like here, gp32x and the Openpandora site have been down due to sheer numbers of visitors, I myself spent 2 nights ago sending emails to promote pandora to 50 of the worlds biggest gaming sites and thankfully many have posted about the pandora console and as we know its going to be an awesome ride.

So my question to you, did you preorder a Pandora ?

got_wot
October 1st, 2008, 22:03
I refreshed the page every half hour or so and preordered asap. I can see the pandora opening so many doors.

Michoko
October 1st, 2008, 22:24
I preordered one too, and I can't wait coding on it and having fun! :)

cheeseman466
October 1st, 2008, 23:39
Yup, pre-ordered about half hour after it went live.

Perfect snes emulation here we come !

Grench
October 2nd, 2008, 01:07
Ordered one.

This is the first device I've been able to find that could potentially replace my 6 year old Tapwave Zodiac. I'm looking forward to my new toy!

QazzaQY2K
October 2nd, 2008, 01:58
I Pre-Orded one too.. Going to be nice ;D Can't start to fathom everything we're going to be doin' with this box.. it for sure got the right name.

ish420ism
October 2nd, 2008, 04:49
It's a Pandora party. I'm broke as a bad joke, but I couldn't pass this up.

1200xl
October 3rd, 2008, 01:14
Skint, but still ordered one, hopefully get some £s back when I flog my psp and dsl

staticxlsf
October 3rd, 2008, 18:27
I have to admit, I forked up the cash after about 5 hours of reading. I'm freakin' excited!

Zack
October 3rd, 2008, 20:27
Yep I pre ordered one.

Can't wait to port Wolfenstein 3D to it :)

staticxlsf
October 3rd, 2008, 23:33
Duke Nukem', SNES, PSX, N64,.... the list goes on. I'm just wondering: Counterstrike? Original Half-Life? These would be my dream games to run on this thing. Also, not having to lug out the entire laptop for internet will be a blessing. Skype and all the IM clients should be easy with pidgin or w/e Ubuntu uses. My question is: how many good debian/ubuntu programs will be ported/modified to install on my Pandora?

Gdax
October 5th, 2008, 11:05
Have not plucked the courage up to explain to my wife why i needed it.
I will have to do some chocolate therapy to get out of this scrape.

But oh the bliss of not having to lug around a huge dell laptop any more come november.

Yours deep in doo doo
Gdax

Zack
October 5th, 2008, 22:40
My question is: how many good debian/ubuntu programs will be ported/modified to install on my Pandora?

How ever many developers decide to do ;)

Most of it will run out of the box. Some of the applications may be re-written to be optimized for the Pandora however.

The Pandora, Gears Of War 2...............Roll on November :D

Shadowblind
October 5th, 2008, 22:57
Naw, after a large amount of research I reached a decision not to. Too much other things to get in the next few months. I can't wait until the second batch is out though :)

zxxxy18
October 7th, 2008, 15:38
I dont have enouf money to buy it and i dont have credit card or pay pal :(.. when i asked for pandora for my birthday from my parents (wich is on dec 16th) they sed lalala you have so mac book, two psp's and ou dont need more of these lalalala... so ill add mine 200 euros to my vault iv vase and wait for next roll of pandoras... i want one!!! i wanna to start my first coding project!!!