PDA

View Full Version : If you have a bricked psp i can fix it

heyjohnbud
December 30th, 2005, 04:02
A couple of days ago at school in my electronics class this kid brought his psp to class and he said it was bricked and my teacher said he might be able to fix it and the next day (yesterday) my teacher told him that he had in fact ACTUALLY FIXED IT! I don't know how he did it but I know he could do it again and he will because he wants us to do a project for the class and told us to bring anything electronic to class that is broken and the project will be to fix it, and whoever brings the most will get extra credit. So help me get extra crdit and Ill fix your psp! I dont have a psp but i know what it must be like to have bricked it so i thought i could do this for good karma.

dtale15
December 30th, 2005, 04:11
sounds like a big ass scam since u only have one post and you are without a psp

heyjohnbud
December 30th, 2005, 04:16
im offering to fix your psp there is 0 risk

Virus
December 30th, 2005, 05:34
your a hella dumb. you think that anyone will ever send u a psp?

heyjohnbud
December 30th, 2005, 05:59
actually someone already wants to you dumb ass ****** what now biotch!

IndianCheese
December 30th, 2005, 06:42
Wow...I'm a regular on this site and I don't even know what he said that got censored! Look, no one is going to send you a $250 dollar piece of equipment without a) a collateral, b) insurance, or c) you paying for the shipping. And if you want people to believe you, try not talking in all lowercase. That drops you instantly.

heyjohnbud
December 30th, 2005, 07:05
Im asking for a $0 piece of junk that i will turn into a $250 piece of hardware ******Z

flaming_carrot
December 30th, 2005, 08:20
$0?? Haven't checked what broken PSPs go for on ebay lately? :)

For everyone's benefit, here is a small hint: if the PSP is bricked ie the flash is ****ed up (#1 cause of software bricking) the only way to unbrick it is to restore the flash contents, which obviously requires knowledge of what they in fact are, so a healthy PSP is needed for source.

However, it is not so simple as to just take a raw dump from one PSP flash and write it to the bricked one:

The PSP flash may contain bad blocks, even when completely new, straight from factory, because Samsung does not guarantee that ALL blocks are healthy, only that a certain number of blocks are good (chip yield would be too low otherwise.) Thus the 32MB flash is actually 33MB and the extra 1MB is used for block mapping for working around bad blocks and provide spare blocks so that the capacity is at least the specified 32MB. Since different flash chips are likely to have different bad blocks one cannot simply take the raw contents from one flash and mindlessly write it to another. One needs to understand the block mapping (user defined) and take that into account.

As for accessing the flash, one would definitely need PSP-specific knowledge as to which lines on the PCB to intercept.

Now, unless said teacher is in fact a dedicated PSP hacker[1], how likely is it that they would, in the space of a couple of days, be able to work out all details needed for something like that? ;)

[1] Short-cuts are available, but very PSP specific...

MGFox
December 30th, 2005, 10:58
Wow, I learned something today :D
I knew about screwing the Flash, but didn't know about the 'bad blocks' stuff, thanks for that info!

Cheers,
Fox

gotmilk0112
December 31st, 2005, 03:06
along with my bricked PSP (if mine was ACTUALLY bricked :D ) why don't i just send you my credit cards (if i had any) my wallet, my computers, and anything else that i OWN. (/sarcasm) :mad:. isnt the only way to fix a bricked PSP is to get it a new flash chip? why would a teacher buy a new flash chip for some kid???? :mad:

Dj SaTuRn
December 31st, 2005, 11:03
Give me your address so i can send you a bomb.
:D

morg13
December 31st, 2005, 12:56
U can send ME ur psp, i will take working psp too^^

well, ich will brick it and send u back, or not....

motormaniac
December 31st, 2005, 20:44
do u really think anyone will send you your psp? it would probally take a week at he least to fix a broken psp and thats with someone who really knows what there doing!

Cap'n 1time
December 31st, 2005, 21:05
lame. locked.