PDA

View Full Version : Overflow.tif

Jarulara
December 30th, 2005, 04:52
Ok ok I know there is probably I million and one things about this. But I'm asking for direct help. When I go to copy the overflow.tif it says its unable to extract it and exterminating the operation. Could the reason its not workin is cuz Norton deleted it without my consent. I turned it off and re downloaded it. But it still doin it

MGFox
December 30th, 2005, 11:09
Try downloading it from another source, it sounds to me like you're getting a corrupt archive (ZIP, RAR, etc). You could also try using a download manager to ensure you are getting the complete file, heres the one I use:- http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

I would expect that Norton would kick up a hellfire of error messages if that was detecting the file!

Cheers,
Fox

Vesslan
January 16th, 2006, 00:24
Are you outta any risk when using Overflow.tif whit downgrader?
Norton and other sources says that the file is a virus!!!! :eek:

IndianCheese
January 16th, 2006, 02:18
Well, there is a PSP virus made to look like the downgrader. The person who made this program had two intents:

1. To make people brick their PSPs
2. To keep people from downgrading because they would think it was a virus

So there you go. And if you want to make your own virus for the PSP,

1. Get the first MPH downgrader
2. Get a 2.50 dump
3. Install the downgrader onto a 2.00 PSP
4. Replace the index.dat file in the Memory Stick root with the one from the 2.50 dump
5. Run overflow.tif
6. You now have a worthless piece of silicon and fiberglass!

(Plz don't ban me for sayin' that! It was a joke, and I am not responsible for your "friend's" tears if you decide to do it.)

Jdemon
January 17th, 2006, 00:44
Norton will recognize the file as a virus even if it's the proper file for the MPH Downgrader. And depending on how it is configured it may very well just delete the file without any warnings or confirmation, but you should see if this happened if you look in the log file. This can even happen during the download process.

Timale-Kun
January 17th, 2006, 01:01
Download the Archive through a website u really trust and even if Norton said is a Virus the file you'll have will be OK...

longbox
February 13th, 2006, 18:47
Are you outta any risk when using Overflow.tif whit downgrader?
Norton and other sources says that the file is a virus!!!! :eek:

the reason norton says itsa virus is because it is a downgrader to basicaly DE-update your psp, so norton THINKS its a virus.

i got the same norton thing too and i didnt get overflow.tif either :mad: