PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy games on Nintendo DS

tomyboy247
October 1st, 2008, 21:51
Hi everyone! I'm new and I need some help. I want to copy my gameboy game so that I can play it on my Nintendo DS. What do I need? What do I need to do? Thanks for any help!

TheLostProphet
October 2nd, 2008, 00:59
People aren't very helpful huh? Lol. Yeah I'm looking for the same. You'll need 2 devices, a slot-1 and a slot-2 to play anything other than DS roms.

As for which ones to get and where, I have no idea. I THINK the supercard and ez5 might be a good combo, but as you've seen in my thread, no one has verified.....

tomyboy247
October 2nd, 2008, 21:55
People aren't very helpful huh? Lol. Yeah I'm looking for the same. You'll need 2 devices, a slot-1 and a slot-2 to play anything other than DS roms.

As for which ones to get and where, I have no idea. I THINK the supercard and ez5 might be a good combo, but as you've seen in my thread, no one has verified.....

Thanks! So, I will need both devices? Also, I've read about linkers; will I need one? Will instructions come included with the products?

DanTheManMS
October 5th, 2008, 03:05
For just playing back GB and GBC games, all you need is a slot-1 device. Launch Lameboy from that and choose the game to play. For GBA games you must use a slot-2 device of some sort, the most popular of which being the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack.

tomyboy247
October 5th, 2008, 17:28
Thanks! Should I buy a supercard then? Is this one ok: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edeal-SuperCard-DSone-SDHC-Nintendo/dp/B001F60KXK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1223227280&sr=1-2?

DanTheManMS
October 5th, 2008, 22:28
That should be enough for GB and GBC games, as long as you don't get a unit with a PSRAM error (which has become more common in the past month or so).

tomyboy247
October 9th, 2008, 12:52
That should be enough for GB and GBC games, as long as you don't get a unit with a PSRAM error (which has become more common in the past month or so).

Thanks! I've now got a DSTT. What do I do now?

DanTheManMS
October 10th, 2008, 20:48
Download Lameboy, put it on your card along with your *.gb and *.gbc files, launch Lameboy, and choose the game to play. Be sure to read up on how exactly to save games with Lameboy.

tomyboy247
October 11th, 2008, 16:49
Download Lameboy, put it on your card along with your *.gb and *.gbc files, launch Lameboy, and choose the game to play. Be sure to read up on how exactly to save games with Lameboy.

How do I put my gameboy file onto the card? I found a guide to Lameboy 0.11 on Youtube but it doesn't have anything about copying gameboy files.

DanTheManMS
October 28th, 2008, 23:58
Sorry for the late response.

I have a feeling you're expecting something a bit more complicated than it actually is. Just put the microSD card in your card reader, open it up with Windows Explorer, and copy and paste games into it. If you don't have the *.gb/c files in the first place, you'll need to get them. Due to forum rules we cannot tell you where to get them.

tomyboy247
October 29th, 2008, 21:46
Thanks! I don't think I've explained my situation clearly. My gb file is on another card. Sorry for the confusion.

DanTheManMS
October 30th, 2008, 17:25
Thanks! I don't think I've explained my situation clearly. My gb file is on another card. Sorry for the confusion.

Define what you mean by "card". If you mean another microSD card, just hook it up to your computer with a card reader, copy the *.gb/*.gbc files to your computer, hook up the other microSD card, and copy them from your computer to the card.

tomyboy247
October 31st, 2008, 12:25
I mean an actual commerical Gameboy cartridge. Will I need a card reader?

DanTheManMS
November 1st, 2008, 02:25
That's not going to really be possible without specialized GBC flash equipment, which is both incredibly hard to find and rather expensive. It would not be worth the effort.

Just obtain the *.gb/*.gbc files from other sources. Such as the Internet. That's about as far as I can go without breaking forum rules.

Yes, this means you'll lose the progress you got on the actual cartridges. Without the GBC flash equipment, there's no way to get the save data off the cartridges.

tomyboy247
November 1st, 2008, 19:54
Ok, thanks for all your help!!

Yes, this means you'll lose the progress you got on the actual cartridges.

That doesn't matter! I didn't get very far on the game anyway!!