PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Awarded $6M Damages From MMOGlider

wraggster
October 1st, 2008, 23:38
The makers of MMOGlider have been found in breach of the World of Warcraft terms of service and are forced to pay Blizzard $6M in damages."
There's a lot of sticky issues on this one. Mostly I'm amazed that MMOGlider had that kind of cash.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/10/01/1233258

carlitx
October 2nd, 2008, 01:48
what kind of damages?

sounds like blizzard is suing them over bull flop, even if botting is unfair and cheap.

skynes
October 2nd, 2008, 13:05
Blizz was suing them cause they broke Terms of Use and End User License Agreements.

And that they use third party software to alter how the game runs.

gutbub
October 2nd, 2008, 14:59
I don't play WoW, I hate subscription pay-to-play games. But if they were using bots to do, well, anything, than I'm glad Blizzard is suing them. Bots have been ruining my experience in online games for too long.

carlitx
October 2nd, 2008, 18:51
I don't play WoW, I hate subscription pay-to-play games. But if they were using bots to do, well, anything, than I'm glad Blizzard is suing them. Bots have been ruining my experience in online games for too long.

for once, i totally agree with what you are saying. That's why i stick with guild wars, they update so much that bots and hacks can't keep up, especially when they know what ones are out there and make the patches render the bots and hacks useless.