PDA

View Full Version : New Wii, New DS, New Accessories? What do you think Nintendo Will Announce Tonight

wraggster
October 1st, 2008, 23:41
With Nintendo's press conference kicking off later tonight the rumors have been at full speed about what the profitable console maker may announce.

We've heard about a new media-friendly DS with MP3 playback and a camera, we've heard about possible new peripherals, we've heard about some big much-anticipated game remake, we've even heard about a new Wii iteration, this one in high-def.

But unlike with Microsoft, not all Nintendo rumors are true. So what do you think will be happening tonight when Nintendo kicks off their presser in Japan?

http://kotaku.com/5057468/new-wii-new-ds-new-accessories-what-do-you-think-nintendo-will-announce-tonight

wiggy fuzz
October 2nd, 2008, 06:32
well, here it is...

During their Fall Press Conference today, Nintendo have - as expected - announced a new version of the Nintendo DS. Called the Nintendo DSi, it eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a slight downsizing (it's a little thinner) and a range of improvements. The handheld's screens have been enlarged, and will now be 17% bigger (at 3.25 inches) than those found on the DS Lite. As for the rumoured additions, both have proven to be correct, with "audio enhancements" made to the handheld, while it will also now include a 3 megapixel camera. And that's just the start of it.

The DSi also features an SD memory card slot, making it possible to take pictures with the DSi and then view them on the Nintendo Wii. The DSi features a built-in browser, and it's possible to download games and keep them on the DSi.

For digital delivery purchases, there is a DSi Shop, from which users can download DSiWare from. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010.

The DSi will be released in Japan on November 1. It will retail for ¥18,900 (USD$180), and will be available in two colours, white and black.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/10/dsi2.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/10/datecolours.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5057870/nintendo-announce-new-ds-the-nintendo-dsi-VGA

well, disappointing, the omission of the gba slot, but if it'll let me download them through the shop, that would be the best.

nintendo have actually put an sd card on it, too... i wonder how much storage you get?

EDIT: no word on wifi connectivity options? PLEASE be wpa or wpa2 compliant... PLEASE...

EDIT 2: the original lite was light enough for me. i don't want t.this ds to be extremely plasticky like the psp slim and lite...
and the colours look matte. gloss looked nice but was a fingerprint magnet, but my black ds's gloss was practically indestructable, the text on the back hasn't budged, and matte eventually smooths out with wear, making it look horrible.

zauberer
October 2nd, 2008, 07:10
Wow!

Maybe it's true that the loose of the GBA make it bad, the adds are good indeed.

They understood the necesity of having a storge for online content... maybe at last we could get a MMO game with updates.

This gives me creeps since I like the homebrew scene, the problems with the new security. I hope Big-N doesn't hate the homebrewers like before.

Nice move by now making it a multi function device, but I don't want to be morphing into a Sony multiple-funcion-not-for-games device.

paul3100
October 2nd, 2008, 07:49
looks nice but shame about the lose of the gba slot, though i guess from N's point its not needed any more as there is loads of ds games on the marked now.

Does anyone know if this will come to europe/america as there is no date above for anywhere else!

I bet you non of these flash cards work on the DSi though the sd slot could be used for that purpose :-)

paul

wiggy fuzz
October 2nd, 2008, 14:46
looks nice but shame about the lose of the gba slot, though i guess from N's point its not needed any more as there is loads of ds games on the marked now.

Does anyone know if this will come to europe/america as there is no date above for anywhere else!

I bet you non of these flash cards work on the DSi though the sd slot could be used for that purpose :-)

paul

guitar hero: on tour.