PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DSi hitting US 'well into' 2009

wraggster
October 2nd, 2008, 21:10
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/dsi-us-1.jpg

We heard last night that we wouldn't be seeing the DSi in the States until next year, and now Reggie has confirmed the damage: no DSi until "well into calendar year 2009," which sounds disturbingly like the holidays to us, but hopefully he's just implying a few months in. We would hope Nintendo would be following the pattern of the DS Lite, which hit Japan in March of 2006, and made it Stateside in June, but Reggie says DS Lite sales are still strong in the US -- which means it's basically our fault that we don't get a shiny new toy for Christmas.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-dsi-hitting-us-well-into-2009/

iofthestorm
October 3rd, 2008, 01:42
Everyone, stop buying DSes!

Keitaro Urashima
October 3rd, 2008, 04:18
I will buying it when they released in USA. It worth to wait.

purinlove88
October 3rd, 2008, 11:34
Hope this is regional-free.

trugamer
October 3rd, 2008, 13:19
Wow something coming out in UK before US (of significance), I heard its coming to UK in Spring (although the amount of misinformation about this going round it could be wrong...)

Qmark
October 3rd, 2008, 13:31
Hope this is regional-free.It should be, at least for DS games. Downloading stuff, however, is probably going to be region-locked and/or require a Wii.

Jeric
October 4th, 2008, 02:02
...Till we find a way to run homebrew off the thing.

nightblade36
October 4th, 2008, 04:44
It has a MicroSD slot IN it... so... probably won't be long before it gets it's own homebrew--that is, if the existing flashcards don't work. Who knows~

Jeric
October 4th, 2008, 15:06
well the one advantage to the wait for us would be more timeto translate DSi exclusive games to english so there's a larger library. That is assuming they're going to make games that take advantage of DSI's feature set (and potentially requiring a RAM expander for the DSlite to run). However I could be wrong and this is just a DS with capabilities added on as well as downloadable games.

Eh, it'll be interesting to see how things go.

ICE
October 4th, 2008, 16:20
Meh. I'll stick with my Lite. This thing wont even use my flash card.. lol