PDA

View Full Version : There Are A Lot More GameCube Wii Remakes Coming

Eviltaco64
October 3rd, 2008, 15:28
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5058472/there-are-a-lot-more-gamecube-wii-remakes-coming-pikmin-2-jungle-beat-etc-etc):

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/10/gamecube.jpg

Yesterday's announcement that Pikmin would be re-released for the Wii? It was, as you no doubt expected, just the start. Nintendo have big plans for this line, with many, many more games planned. And yesterday, they even announced a few of them. First up is Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which will actually be out before Pikmin (on November 11), though with the game eschewing bongo controls in favour of standard (ie nunchuk + Wii Remote) ones it's hard seeing the point in it all. The other announced GameCube games make a little (OK, a lot) more sense, and are Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Chibi Robo. All will ship with updated Wii controls, and all will sell for budget prices.

A 16:9 Wind Waker with Wii Remote bow and grapple aiming would be great, Nintendo. Just sayin!

KristenBaldousor
October 3rd, 2008, 17:10
Well, i'm in for metroid prime 1 and 2, as i'm not good on FPS using a stick but with wiimote controls, awesome!!!

fook123
October 3rd, 2008, 17:24
Well, i'm in for metroid prime 1 and 2, as i'm not good on FPS using a stick but with wiimote controls, awesome!!!

Can't wat for mp1 and 2, the rest of the games I don't care for much.

ICE
October 3rd, 2008, 17:30
Mario Tennis FTW

Eviltaco64
October 3rd, 2008, 17:30
How bout a new Mario Tennis game?

royvedas
October 3rd, 2008, 17:35
Hopefully they will widescreen the graphics and put some effort into it.

Jungle Beat without the drums? Please leave the possibility for drums stay in the game, but I know they just won't.

Timza
October 3rd, 2008, 17:50
yay metroid prime 1!!!! I have all metroid games except that 1

ICE
October 3rd, 2008, 17:57
How bout a new Mario Tennis game?

I never played the GC one.

Unicron2k
October 3rd, 2008, 18:50
yay metroid prime 1!!!! I have all metroid games except that 1
Even tough I have 1 and 2 for the gamecube, I'm still gonna buy these two for Wii, just for the feeling of actually beeing behind the visor again :D
I still remember the feeling of aiming myself, instead of pushing a stick!

If they're gonna do a "Wiimake", I expect them to upgrade the graphics. I won't forgive them if they run GC graphics on Wii hardware!

pibs
October 3rd, 2008, 19:17
What made jungle beat fun was the drums, I remember bashing on them and clapping till my hands turned red lol without them it wouldn't be the same experience....

Hell Yeah im down for some new Mario Tennis! I had it for the Virtual Boy and my pupils still find it somewhat fun :)

Grey Acumen
October 4th, 2008, 01:13
Hopefully they will widescreen the graphics and put some effort into it.

Jungle Beat without the drums? Please leave the possibility for drums stay in the game, but I know they just won't.

what are you talking about? there are already a ton of Wii games that give you the option of plugging your gamecube controller in. why would they remove the functionality for it? If you have them, then just plug your damn bongos into a GC port and knock yourself out.

Eviltaco64
October 4th, 2008, 01:17
what are you talking about? there are already a ton of Wii games that give you the option of plugging your gamecube controller in. why would they remove the functionality for it? If you have them, then just plug your damn bongos into a GC port and knock yourself out.

Or, just buy the game for Gamecube :rofl:

Auriman1
October 4th, 2008, 03:38
Awesome, maybe I can get Pikmin 2 this second time around, I missed out when it was for Gamecube.