PDA

View Full Version : Custom FW 1.5 Media Edition

wraggster
December 30th, 2005, 21:35
GameSharkGX has posted some great news in our Submit news forum -->

GameShark's custom 1.50 emulated firmware - allowing you to take advantage of additional media codecs available in 2.0!

So what is this? It’s basically firmware version 1.5 with extended media capabilities. You will need to use MPH’s Firmware Launcher in conjunction with this download.

Look Foward to a Flash Version
Later Editions Will Support 2.0 UMD's, 2.0 Web Browser

More info and leave feedback here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16185

pakkman781
December 30th, 2005, 22:08
Can't wait for the browser version! :D

jimjamjahaa
December 31st, 2005, 00:45
wow! will that mean eventually you can do an upgrade to this custom firmware?

GameSharkGX
December 31st, 2005, 01:44
To make it simple
This is like taping a pice of paper over a picture of some thing you dont like

All i do is mix and match the fw options

Other Projects

Right now i have a copy of 2.5 with a working png over flow
Problem is it is way to buggy to release

Also i cant get the same short of kernel acess you get on 2.0
If i do get this working we may, i repeat MAY have a way of downgrading form 2.5

Problem is that the only copy of 2.5 that could be downgraded would be the custom copy
So this wouldnt even help any one who aready has any thing above 2.00

The point is no mater what i make you wont be able to use it on an system above 2.0

Any one who needs help with 1.5MediaEdition just let me know

Psphreak
December 31st, 2005, 02:11
I installed your media edition and encoded a file in AVC format. I loaded up your fw, went into videos and it says that it's unsupported. So...am I missing something here? There are many others at various sites confirming that this 1.5 does not load AVC encoded files. I know the file works because it checks out with fw 2.0

AtariFreek
December 31st, 2005, 02:55
Thats Weird AVIs Work For Me...

zweic
January 2nd, 2006, 21:03
if it is possible, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaazzzzzz change the version number of the flash version to a high number, for example 5.10! I think then it would be possible to "upgrade" from 2.5 or even 2.6 to your version. If this is possible then youre tha man!!!!!