PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Jango171
December 30th, 2005, 23:17
Hi, I just got a PSP and have seen the countless cool games and things to do on it. I got the giga pack and believe mine is 2.0. I checked on the psp site and i was reading abouty 2.5 for giga pack and it said Notice: This upgrade is only for psp's with model 1001. I look on the bottem of my psp and I see PSP 1001 guessing that im 2.0. I saw the Super Smash bros for psp and am wondoring hoe can I get it. Im guessing just connect the psp to my comp through USB ports and transfer data onto the memory card then load it and play! I downloaded all of the versions to SSB [Super Smash Bros.] and am ready to do it. But, can it be played on v2.0, or do I have to downgrade it or something to 1.5. Im unsure what to do and have been reading some posts. Well, help me please! PS: After reading more posts I know and have checked my PSP and I am 2.0 :). I also have 1 game, Untold Legends. If I downgrade will I lose my progress!?! Im lvl 13 and getting farther in and dont want to restart. But, If I have to restart progress to get cool stuff I guess I will before I get any farther in.

Jdemon
December 31st, 2005, 00:51
Well, first you can head over to http://www.fanjita.org/ and learn all about the Homebrew EBOOT Loader they have. This will enable you to play quite a bit of homebrew stuff on your PSP without messing with the downgraders. I love my 1.5, but if I was you I'd explore all that 2.0 has to offer before downgrading. If you do decide to, be 100% sure you know what you are doing because you don't want to destroy your brand new PSP. Oh and your Firmware version shouldn't effect your gamesaves at all.