PDA

View Full Version : Qbasic

neoroosta
December 31st, 2005, 02:05
Remeber that game where you inputted the angle and velocity and threw a banana at a gorilla across a cityscape and hoped to hit it?

I want that on my PSP. I've heard that LUA coding is very similar to coding in basic and i'm sure i could figure out how to do it in several months, but if any of you programmers who also loved that silly little game could pull it off i would be so supremely happy. or even a qbasic emulator like the lua player we have, then we could just load gorillas.bas straight into the psp.

if you don't remember the brilliant game i'm talking about, check here:

gorillas game (http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/gorilla/)

please don't take this as a request, but more of a reminder. by this post i mean to hopefully remind some of you programmers out there of what a great game this was. i have been away from the programming scene for a number of years (the last thing i programmed was an rpg on a TI-85 in TI-Basic) and am just looking for a simple way of getting this game, one that i may have overlooked or have just not discovered yet, before i embark on trying to rewrite it in LUA.

perhaps a dos emulator like dosbox? a qbasic to lua converter application? i'm not sure. anyway, the question now is do i have to learn LUA and rewrite the code from scratch or can someone here provide a simpler solution? thanks for your time.

TheEmulatorGuy
January 1st, 2006, 22:59
There is a DOSbox port for PSP, try that out.

shiftybill
January 2nd, 2006, 12:18
hehe i remember playing that game like 10 years ago, oh the memories!

fullerlee
February 4th, 2006, 04:44
This is quite an interesting idea to me. I might have a go at it when my current project is completed (it's about 90% at the moment).

I'll post to here if I make a start on it.

Lee