PDA

View Full Version : Quake II PSP - Releasedate changed

wraggster
December 31st, 2005, 02:49
McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) posted this update to news of his Quake 2 Port to PSP:

The release of the first public version will not be the first january. It will be some days later. This is the last update I will post about my Quake 2 project. I'm tired of the psp community that disrespects all the developers.

Check out the new screens via the comments:

JoshM248
December 31st, 2005, 03:16
What a pity. To bad, Its seems like 80% of psp owners are jackasses.

MaxSMoke
December 31st, 2005, 03:29
Who's disrespecting the developers?

neovlace
December 31st, 2005, 05:25
Who's disrespecting the developers?

all the noobs to the scene are the ones disrespecting. Also are most of those that own a psp with 2.01+ firmware who get on all of the developer's cases about stupid downgraders, and hacks that are clearly not possible yet. All they really do is clog up the forums with rubbish posts about shmite nothing and the users that either have good info or good comments get drowned out and unnoticed. That's why the developers' are angry. To them, it seems noone cares enough about their efforts in the scene. Afterall, THEY are the ones getting their hands dirty by coding and taking a risk at owning a brick PSP to provide us the general user cool homebrew to play or use.

Okay, I've had my piece.

Great pics! Can't wait for the release! But waiting is what makes good programs.

xuphorz
December 31st, 2005, 05:39
What a pity. To bad, Its seems like 80% of psp owners are jackasses.

agree, sadly

scarface350
December 31st, 2005, 06:02
Mczonk PLEEEAASE dont quit man your the best dev we have i truly appreciate ur work soo please dont quit i beleive in u. im begging u. the haters are DS owners PLEASE dont pay them any mind. i beg you... need any help contact me [email protected]

MadMonkee
December 31st, 2005, 06:05
WHO ARE THE MOTHER****ERS DISSING THE CODERS!?!? Arrrgh I hate the people... This is why I quit writing unofficial patches for the online game I used to play, because for every new monster, room and model I would make, people would bitch and diss saying why isn't this like that, why isn't that like this... And I did it all for free, the time I don't even have anymore :P (Used to go to high school and didn't have to work so I had a whooole lot of time). But in the end we shut down the server and the project stopped improving (I was the only one developping anyways)

Sooooooooo in conclusion! I do miss the game I turned my back on, and if you quit on this project McZonk you will always have that little truth in ya saying, "Why the **** did I care about the people's opinion anyways? People will ALWAYS bitch. You give them gold they will say why isn't it platinum. You give them platinum they will ask for black pearl."

People bitch, end of story. Because we are all bunch of pessimistic mother****ers who always want the other half of the glass full aswell.

In the end remember that you are really doing this for that fuzzy feeling of accomplishment and how happy it makes you to see people play it and have fun. Your creation. And you ask for nothing else, not even a thank you... just DONT ****ING COMPLAIN!

So to the bitching PSP community! **** YOU! SUCK MY DICK YOU HORSE COCK SUCKING SLUTS! YOU HUMAN COCK HOLSTER CUM BUCKETS!

kayhanbakid
December 31st, 2005, 06:11
i have appreciated any free programs i've downloaded for the psp because i know i could never do any of them myself. i have always hated the bashers who can't do any of it themselves. developing programs, especially for the psp, is probably a very slow, laborious, and difficult process and i thank anyone who has made programs and not charged for them because i cannot afford the commercial games that are sold in stores so this is almost all i have.

thanks again to all developers.

kalle...
December 31st, 2005, 08:31
The psp has over 10 million users. Its a fact that the bad outshines the good and at 10 millon youre bound to have a-grade a-holes. Look at the WoW community the game is one of the best things ever to hit the mmo scene but its totally ruined by its players.

My advice ignore them or just use better moderating i.e. ban for life without warning when they want(and when i say want i mean endlessly create topics about it and bitch) isos, iso loaders and 2.60 downgrades.

An enlightening thought is that youre above all the shep in these forums and that youre creating someting that you like(lets face it to put so much work into something you must atleast like it a little bit :) ), there will always be those who respect youre work( if you dont beleve it create a paypal acount for donations)

Cheers, good luck with coding and dont feel blue

EDIT: BTW the screens are looking really nice

Zaibach333
December 31st, 2005, 09:16
MadMonkee, no offence, but that kind of garbage talk is the disrespect he's talking about

eretsua
December 31st, 2005, 09:43
I'm sorry to hear that another talented coder is leaving the scene. Though personally I'm not too much of a Quake fan I do appreciate all the effort you've put into it. Thank you and all the best to you.

I hope that soon the necessity for a modchip to play homebrew will be a reality. Cause this PSPscene is way too open for any noob who hears a rumor. Hope we have any good coders left by that time...

nielsss
December 31st, 2005, 13:32
WHO ARE THE MOTHER****ERS DISSING THE CODERS!?!? Arrrgh I hate the people... This is why I quit writing unofficial patches for the online game I used to play, because for every new monster, room and model I would make, people would bitch and diss saying why isn't this like that, why isn't that like this... And I did it all for free, the time I don't even have anymore :P (Used to go to high school and didn't have to work so I had a whooole lot of time). But in the end we shut down the server and the project stopped improving (I was the only one developping anyways)

Sooooooooo in conclusion! I do miss the game I turned my back on, and if you quit on this project McZonk you will always have that little truth in ya saying, "Why the **** did I care about the people's opinion anyways? People will ALWAYS bitch. You give them gold they will say why isn't it platinum. You give them platinum they will ask for black pearl."

People bitch, end of story. Because we are all bunch of pessimistic mother****ers who always want the other half of the glass full aswell.

In the end remember that you are really doing this for that fuzzy feeling of accomplishment and how happy it makes you to see people play it and have fun. Your creation. And you ask for nothing else, not even a thank you... just DONT ****ING COMPLAIN!

So to the bitching PSP community! **** YOU! SUCK MY DICK YOU HORSE COCK SUCKING SLUTS! YOU HUMAN COCK HOLSTER CUM BUCKETS!

Yeah man your f*cking right :mad:

kaoss-b
December 31st, 2005, 16:52
McZonk I really hope you don't quit. You're port is great and it is something that maybe no one else could do... Since I read about your port I been waiting for it. I simple think you're a great coder. Don't listen to the stupid comments of the people...

tryqus
December 31st, 2005, 17:39
Mrow, dont direspect.

McZonk, Im in bloody awe of the work you've done for this community. Pay no mind to that 80%, and keep up your great work.

-Tryqus

slayer2psp
December 31st, 2005, 20:58
why are people such dicks all of the cool stuff i got on my psp come from all these cool people who make all of these great apps and emus i for one am very greatful for all of there time and hard work and they do all of this for free.THANK YOU TO ANYONE HELPING THE SCENE

MarfMachine
December 31st, 2005, 22:19
You know what, you are totally justified man. People suck. I can't port crap so I am fully dependent on you and the other developers to have any homebrew. And I bet that 95% of the rest of the people here are in my same category. Well screw the complainers and if you do decide to leave the scene (whiich is probably what I would do) thanks for what you have done so far.

shiftybill
January 1st, 2006, 02:46
dang!
i was looking forward to a polished quake2 with wifi mulitplayey!!

ps. i really hope you release the source as im sure someone will want to finish this fine project (even if that someone is me) :D

r00t
January 1st, 2006, 03:58
I have a 2.5 PSP so there is the slightest bit of jealousy when I will see people playing this f*cking awesome game. Nice work man, Sorry to hear youve been getting hassle from the newbs of the scene. They will grow up somtime. I hope someday I'll see another port or an update of the Quake 2 port! Props again with sticking with it aslong as you did man.

ctlfreak
January 1st, 2006, 10:25
sucks to lose ya. but i understand. people suck. and are notoriously ungrateful

Zaibach333
January 1st, 2006, 22:16
r00t, sucks for your psp but if you read his blog ever, you should know hearing about problems that alot of people have and he can't fix over and over again is another one of his pet-pieve. he likes his forums to be forums about his work. *thumbs up

scarface350
January 2nd, 2006, 02:26

......Do you honestly think this is going to help......... :confused:

scarface350
January 2nd, 2006, 02:29
Zaibach333 do you know i am playing your sig game on my psp right now.... You have just gave me an idea. We could play games like you have on our psp through the web browser....... and not to mention stuff like that is highly maniputable..... I think i smell a downgrader....... seriousley think about this

Zaibach333
January 3rd, 2006, 06:04
wait, the input on the psp works in there?

Porl
January 3rd, 2006, 10:46
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Im sorry to hear about all the idiots that keep contacting you or talking crap about your work. Its the problem with the internet and its a real shame.

Hopefully your doing the Quake II port for fun and this would no doubt take the fun factor out of it. I hope you keep trucking with it. :)

Porl''

p.s. I watched PSPHacking 101 and the video clip looked awesome! good work!!!! i cant believe you re-wrote that much code to get it to work! impressive stuff!!!!