PDA

View Full Version : MPH Firmware launcher Version : 1.3.7u5 (Last version)

wraggster
December 31st, 2005, 09:28
miemt11 has released a new version of his patched release of MPHs Firmware Launcher, heres the info:

MPH Firmware launcher for PSP 1.50. Version : 1.3.7u5 (Last version)
Author : MPH Patch by : miemt11

u5 version:

1: Include a new special mode for FIRMWARE 2.50 only (Should inprove stability)
2: Triangle + SELECT to toggle the mode status (Only can be set before emulation start)
3: Default special mode status is "OFF"
4: Fix some driver.c and patch.c conflict to minimize hang (Only tested on FIRMWARE 2.50 and little bit stable)
5: What is the special mode? It is a background thread to minitoring the sceIO.. API and to prevent hang
6: Patch the ICON
7: The last U version for MPH 1.3.7 series and now wait for MPH 1.3.8
8: Final note: Always remember to support the original software company
miemt11: Bye bye everyone and see you all next year

Note: Real Author is MPH and all credit will go to him
Patch by miemt11 date 01 Jan 2006
Any feedback are welcome

Download at the release thread here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16225

jarraman
December 31st, 2005, 10:29
:) do i just drag the 2 folder into the game folder on the psp or do i have to convert them first to get it to go and by the way homebrew rocks :D

Mew
December 31st, 2005, 11:54
Thanks for that nice release. I'll check it now :).
I hope that the 2.5 Webrowser now works a bit more stable ^_^

Thank you miemt11 :]

Zaibach333
December 31st, 2005, 14:50
say, is there a higher version than 2.5 out? and if so could someone post a link to download 2.5

Raekwik11
January 1st, 2006, 00:03
First off this site is the best i've seen so far in the homebrew experience
and this firmware loader seems so great but i'm having problems.
I Followed the instructions from the MPH website but didn't get it to work.
I have a 1.5 PSP and am trying to load 2.0 firmware from the firmware loader
When I tried starting after all that work I got this message after pressing the x button.

Error : flash0:/kd/chkreg.prx
Error : flash0:/kd/msaudio.prx
Error : flash0:/kd/vshbridge.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/heaparea1.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/paf.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/common_gui.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/common_util.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/vshmain.prx

Can anybody help me with this I really want to get this done fast for the new years.

MadMonkee
January 1st, 2006, 01:06
First off this site is the best i've seen so far in the homebrew experience
and this firmware loader seems so great but i'm having problems.
I Followed the instructions from the MPH website but didn't get it to work.
I have a 1.5 PSP and am trying to load 2.0 firmware from the firmware loader
When I tried starting after all that work I got this message after pressing the x button.

Error : flash0:/kd/chkreg.prx
Error : flash0:/kd/msaudio.prx
Error : flash0:/kd/vshbridge.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/heaparea1.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/paf.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/common_gui.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/common_util.prx
Error : flash0:/vsh/module/vshmain.prx

Can anybody help me with this I really want to get this done fast for the new years.

I had that too then I realized you need to get the PSAR Dump, and let it take that huuuuge smelly dump on your Memory Stick in 2 folders.

And the key point to fix it is, with the moving program choose both OUT and OUTX folders option. Not JUST OUT folder.

That move those 3 files part1_psp_ipl.bin, part2_psp_ipl.bin and part3_psp_ipl.bin from the OUT folder to root of the new "flash0" folder.

Than take psp_ipl.bin from OUTX and move that to "flash0" root aswell. You are set.

Reset your PSP to default settings

On your memory stick where flash0 folder is, make another folder named flash1

Go to File Assistant, and copy your flash1:\ to the flash1 folder you just made... There should be like 3 or 4 folders.

You are all set :) Now go to the config

[DRIVER]

Folder_Flash_0 = "/flash0" ; Flash 0 files folder
Folder_Flash_1 = "/flash1" ; Flash 1 files folder

;LogFile = "ms0:/mphfl_driver.log" ;Excluded to prevent crashes

And presto, enjoy.

Raekwik11
January 1st, 2006, 03:36
thanks MadMonkee

hemsjones
January 1st, 2006, 07:29
xactly what is the purpose of this firmware launcher does it allow your psp to do everything the upgraded firmware can while still letting your psp be a version 1.5?

miemt11
January 1st, 2006, 07:33
xactly what is the purpose of this firmware launcher does it allow your psp to do everything the upgraded firmware can while still letting your psp be a version 1.5?

Only Video (AVC), Browser and Photo

hemsjones
January 1st, 2006, 16:28
thanx, I know that you cant play games that require upgraded version on this but does this launcher also allow you to use the location free tv and rss feed?

not here anymore
January 1st, 2006, 20:41
This DOES NOT work on PSP fw 1.0, sadly.
Later,

TSR

omniosiris
January 1st, 2006, 22:50
hmmm...so far i've noticed no diffrences from the last version, exept the music and "special" mode...which doesn't really do anything but make the PSP seem to flash green every once in a while for a milisecond. It would be really nice if we could get a version where the browser is usable....there was a huge improvement in stabilty with the last release, but I think this release is just a waste.

Nono-O
January 2nd, 2006, 00:47
Very good work

miemt11
January 2nd, 2006, 06:20
thanx, I know that you cant play games that require upgraded version on this but does this launcher also allow you to use the location free tv and rss feed?

I dont have the location free tv to try

and rss feed only available in Firmware 2.6

Pedal Bike Pete
January 4th, 2006, 10:24
i got firmware 2.5 running but i cant get anything to work, the video, music and picture folders all apear empty. i got the web browser working but i cant get it to save network settings, it always says "internal error" or something.

any one else have this problem? or perhaps a solution? :confused:

cloudd
January 13th, 2006, 10:32
ya I get the internal error when I try to save the network settings too :( maybe next release :D

cloudd
January 13th, 2006, 19:49
I think am thinking that when the firmware is running from the memory stick it is still trying to save to the internal psp flash memory when you save the settings. This is why it freezes. Anyone else have an opinion?

vettacossx
March 12th, 2006, 07:53
Hey If U Use Setx 0n Your 2.0 Psp And Set The Firmware Tweak Option To 1.0....... Then Put In A Umd With Firmware Update..... Like Gta Has 2.0 Update On The Umd You Will Notice That Gta Will Ask You To Upgrade To 2.0 To Play It.....(keep In Mind Setx Is For 2.0 Only Now) When The Psp Beleaves Its A Lower Firmware It Will Upgrade With Gta ...

So What You Say Theres Already A Downgrader For 2.0 To Go Lower Right ??? Well Your Right About That But Thats Not My Point ....THE METHOD IS

DOWNGRADE A PSP 2.01 2.5 OR 2.6 !!!

SO IF WE COULD GET SETX TO WORK WITH 2.6 FIRMWARE WE COULD TRICK OUR 2.6 PSP TO BELAVE ITS A 1.0 THEN UPGRADE TO 2.0 WITH GTA UMD RIGHT AND .....POOF YOUR UPGRADE OF 2.0 FLASHES OVER AND YOU USED A SONY UPGRADE TO DOWNGRADE FROM 2.6 TO 2.0!!!!!

FURTHER MORE FROM 2.0 WE CAN ALREADY DOWNGRADE TO 1.5 SO HEY..

PICK YOUR FAV FIRMWARE!!!! PSPIRATE WAS HERE!!!!

chickenclaws
March 12th, 2006, 12:41
high chance of brickage

ninja9393
June 4th, 2006, 20:26
thanks mph you rule!!!!!!!!!!!

ninja9393
June 4th, 2006, 20:29
Really!!!!!, I Got A Friend Who Has Firmware 2.6 And He Wants To Play Homebrew But No Gta