PDA

View Full Version : Sony Fondles New DS with One Hand, Bitchslaps with the Other

wraggster
October 3rd, 2008, 20:42
In the wake of Nintendo's announcement of the DSi, Sony reached out and asked if we'd like to discuss the event and get their side of the story. Sony talking about Nintendo? How could we resist??

So we asked John Koller, Sony director of hardware marketing, what he thought about the DSi. Was it an aggressive enough refresh?

Nintendo has kind of a history of these [moderate] kinds of updates, and even with DS Lite, there was a lot of discussion, "Is that enough?" And they seemed to do pretty well there.
True, Nintendo sold a lot of DS Lites. So how will the DSi do compared to its predecessor?

I can see the DSi being successful. The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS's] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I'm not sure.
Verdict: If you play DS you wear diapers. And drool.

http://gizmodo.com/5058251/sony-fondles-new-ds-with-one-hand-bitchslaps-with-the-other

iofthestorm
October 4th, 2008, 00:22
Well the DSi is a much more drastic upgrade feature wise compared to the DS Lite, the problem is that it also removes a few features and will almost certainly block homebrew out of the box, although it won't be too long before someone finds a way to use the built in SD slot for homebrew. And as for Sony, I think their hardware revisions have been far less useful than Nintendo's, although their software updates are far more useful. And no amount of upgrading will expand Sony's current fanbase beyond rabid "mature/hardcore" gamers who are really just teenagers who want to act cool.

mattsaysfooey
October 4th, 2008, 00:40
Ds has fun games psp has adult games and mini me ps2/3 games.