PDA

View Full Version : Peldet (PSP Telnet) 0.8 dapples_ edition.

wraggster
December 31st, 2005, 18:22
Danzel has released a new version of his PSP Telnet application, heres whats new etc:

"Whats new in this version?
I wrote an (almost) complete vt100 emulator and added in some telnet protocol negotiations.
What does this mean to you? Well it means that PSP is now a very powerful and featureful machine.
You can now browse the web, check email, stream movies, get on MSN/AOL/ICQ/GTalk/IRC, play text adventures and play nethack!!!

Heres a cutdown version of the changelog:

fixed some p_sprint bugs, the keyboard image is correct now.
Much better telnet support, I've implemented a vt100 emulator, currently it lacks a few features and seems to have some bugs, but it is good for most programs.
There is a known crash bug in telnet, read the README, I want your stack trace if it happens!
Programs List (If you have ran some programs, please post feedback and I'll add statuses here)

nethack
Works fine with default term, make sure you have colors turned on in your .nethackrc so you can enjoy them
Hard to control though, will get its own keyboard layout in a future version.

elinks
Works fine with default term, the control keys keyset is very good here .

nano
Doesn't work with default term, runs with TERM=vt100. You can't do anything as ctrl-keys dont work. (I <3 this app so I'll definately get It fixed)

mplayer - Stream movies to your psp! (sorta, lol)
I run mplayer with - mplayer -quiet -vo caca /myvideofile.avi
It runs fine render wise. However on high framerate clips it likely runs too slow, infact you'll probally find that peldet 0.8 runs too slow to watch stuff, overclock your psp to 333mhz and it should run better (this will get improved in the future)

BitchX
Works great use it with bitlbee (www.bitlbee.org) to get on all the messenger networks."

Theres 2 versions one which runs at 333mhz, download both via the comments

FeAReD
December 31st, 2005, 21:56
very nice, im guessing this wil only work on 1.5 firmwire

AtariFreek
January 1st, 2006, 00:20
Just Downloading This Makes Me Feel Warm Inside...Seriously Though Great Job Looking Forward To The Next Release!

ModMan24
January 1st, 2006, 01:40
im gonna try this on 2.0... ill post back how well/if it works

ModMan24
January 1st, 2006, 02:18
It works... but i cant figure out how to do uppercase..... :(

danzel
January 2nd, 2006, 22:28
you do uppercase by pressing and holding the first button, and pressing up or triangle, then release them and press the 2nd button.

so capital X (x = up, square) is up + triangle, square

or capital B ( left left ) is left + triangle, left.