PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: We understand European loyalty to Sony

wraggster
October 3rd, 2008, 23:58
Head of Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer has even said that he understands the loyalty that European consumers have traditionally held for Sony products, and his team is working hard to create games that appeal to niche demands.

"I understand as a gamer the brand that Sony has here, and the work that we need to do to build content and franchises that uniquely resonate with the customers in the different European markets," commented Spencer in an interview published today.
"Investment in studios, investment in people on the ground creating games is critical to us succeeding in this market."

The Xbox 360 has sold over six million units in Europe, 2.3 million of which are in the UK alone.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-we-understand-european-loyalty-to-sony

Justise
October 4th, 2008, 00:19
And we Europeans understand the Americans loyalty to the American Company.

royvedas
October 4th, 2008, 00:42
And we Europeans understand the Americans loyalty to the American Company.

For the record - Sony is not a European company. It seems as through your argument you think it is.

Eviltaco64
October 4th, 2008, 02:20
'We need to buy out more companies with our billions of dollars' said Spencer.

WhizzBang
October 4th, 2008, 09:35
For the record - Sony is not a European company. It seems as through your argument you think it is.

I think he meant that as there are no European console manufacturers, Europeans do not have a loyalty based on nationality. The loyalty is based on past consumer experience, presumably, and maybe people have had better experiences with Sony products than Microsoft ones.

Justise
October 4th, 2008, 10:39
I think he meant that as there are no European console manufacturers, Europeans do not have a loyalty based on nationality. The loyalty is based on past consumer experience, presumably, and maybe people have had better experiences with Sony products than Microsoft ones.

Thats what i wanted to say. Thanx!