PDA

View Full Version : Did Banjo just shoot Mario in the face?

pibs
October 4th, 2008, 22:32
3hJfTQ2dBZA
Pause it at 1:58 and you can clearly see Mario there getting shot in the face lol

Interesting, I wonder if this has to do with RARE not being owned by Nintendo anymore.

skynes
October 4th, 2008, 23:35
That's awesome.

Is it just me or did anyone else mentally hear "HEAD SHOT!!!" right there?

Zack
October 5th, 2008, 01:49
On a side note.... I cannot wait for that game to come out :D

Great Vid ;)

masterchief929
October 5th, 2008, 02:55
LOL! that was great. I definitely heard a mental "HEAD SHOT" ring clearly through my mind.

mike_jmg
October 5th, 2008, 08:05
LOL
Banjo cut his head off

VampDude
October 5th, 2008, 10:56
Old news, this story was everywhere in like May. It's now October.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/05/mario-in-banjo-3-490.jpg

You can see Mario clearly at 1:47, and the start of his destruction at 1:56.

And it's not in the final release, it was just something throw in there.

There was no malicious intent behind the brief scene Super Mario getting his head blown off in the debut gameplay trailer of “Banjo Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts,” a developer working on the game told me yesterday.

Salvatore Fileccia, the lead software engineer behind the upcoming vehicle-based Xbox 360 platformer, said his team has the utmost respect for the Nintendo icon.

He offered a simple explanation for its inclusion.

He told me that the Mario figure that gets blasted apart in the trailer was actually a custom vehicle created by one of the developers on the game using the Lego-like vehicle-building editor. As he demoed the game he had stressed that the developers had managed to create many Star Wars vehicles as well.

The Mario vehicle, which looks like a Mario statue, will not be in the final game — though I can’t imagine someone won’t try to create one within hours of the game’s official release.

Fileccia told me that he wasn’t allowed to say much about what happened, but the impression I got was that Rare snuck it into the trailer and got themselves in some hot water. Either that, or this is an intentional buzz-builder. (You can see the scene online on many sites, including this one.)

Rare developers actually seemed quite eager to stress respect for the “Mario” franchise. When Fileccia began his demo of the game he said that “action platformers have gotten a bit stale” but then added “except for Mario.” And when he and I spoke about the bit in the trailer he assured me that even though he hadn’t played “Super Mario Galaxy” yet that it would be the first game he plays when he finishes making Banjo.

Rare, of course, used to be partially owned by Nintendo before being purchased by Microsoft in 2002.

Virii
October 19th, 2008, 00:14
I want the old Banjo-Kazooie back...:(

pibs
October 19th, 2008, 00:32
I want the old Banjo-Kazooie back...:(

If you pre-order the new one it comes with a code to download the original off xbla. Great deal considering the new one costs like $40

RandomPicklez
October 30th, 2008, 19:44
Yup, sure did. I think this is Rare's way of saying "F*** you" to Nintendo. Besides, look at Conker: Live and Reloaded. Conker is seen reading an Xbox magazine showing Halo 2 on the cover. Obvious Microsoft fanboyism there. And also, when I tried the Banjo-Kazooie 3 demo, I noticed there were like 5 360s in his house (which might also be some fanboyism there too).

VampDude
October 31st, 2008, 03:25
I think this is Rare's way of saying "F*** you" to Nintendo.

Ummm, no.

RARE have respect for Nintendo, and the Mario was an innocent joke for the trailer. Please do some research into the topic before posting again.

Via: N4G.com

There was no malicious intent behind the brief scene Super Mario getting his head blown off in the debut gameplay trailer of "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts," a developer working on the game told MTV Multiplayer yesterday.

Salvatore Fileccia, the lead software engineer behind the upcoming vehicle-based Xbox 360 platformer, said his team has the utmost respect for the Nintendo icon.

Sonicdude1995
November 14th, 2008, 11:57
i think it's just a joke!