PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Japan's Biggest DS Users?

wraggster
October 4th, 2008, 22:38
Go on. Guess. The elderly? WRONG. Teenage girls? WRONG. Japan's biggest users of the DS are (according to this Nintendo-supplied chart, anyways) the same who were the biggest users of the GBA, and the Game Boy before that: boys. Specifically, 10-12 year-old boys. After that, though, it gets interesting. The most dominant demographics after the boys are women in their early 30s, followed by 10-12 year-old girls, followed by men in their early 30s. Not teens, not twenty-somethings, but people in their early 30s. Anyone in charge of putting the questions together for their Friday night pub trivia competition, these ones are on the house.

http://kotaku.com/5058974/who-are-japans-biggest-ds-users

rancor01
October 5th, 2008, 05:35
This information is completely opposite of what I see everyday riding the trains/subways of Tokyo to and from work everyday. The #1 users of the Nintendo DS in Japan are.. Females between the ages of 20-30. Second largest group would be females aged 10-20. Seriously, I almost NEVER see boys aged 15-30 using a Nintendo DS... They almost exclusively have PSPs. Hell, Ive seen more boys playing Neo Geo pockets than Ive seen playing Nintendo DS.

trugamer
October 5th, 2008, 22:57
Wouldn't this info come from nintendo's club thing though, if thats the case then it won't be entirely accurate (i.e. some demographics will have a higher percentage of people joining)

I suppose if it was done in Tokyo that suggests it was done properly