PDA

View Full Version : Check this out guys!

comwiz72
January 1st, 2006, 19:41
Hi all,

lookee here:

http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=1669

i tried it out, its interesting, could be on to something, but i don't know enough to work on it myself...

MGFox
January 1st, 2006, 19:56
Interesting if it turns into anything, might be one to monitor!

However I honestly feel that this is a dead end, the Eboots just coincidently have usable Hex values at the places where ResHacker looks for names and offsets. If the folders had names more substantial then ""??A" and "?NO", then I'd be a bit more optimistic, but those names just look like garbage hex!

I may be proved wrong...but I'm not getting excited just yet!

Cheers,
Fox

comwiz72
January 1st, 2006, 20:00
thats what i said in the thread itself, (same user name :P) but its an interesting coincidence...

definately one to watch.

i mean, sony must be using SOME archiving system in their files, right?

comwiz72
January 1st, 2006, 20:05
ps: i dont think sony would make the file names too substantial...

+ psp's r made in japan, arent they? maybe the folders are in japanese

MGFox
January 1st, 2006, 20:09
Possibly, but ResourceHackers primary function is examine EXEs and DLLs from Win32 programs, and extract the resources (Icons, Images, File Information, Sounds etc, etc) for examination or alteration.

I see no reason why it would be able to detect segments of code in a PSP Executable, when its only looking for Windows related stuff!

This is only my analysis and I could be very much proved wrong...time will tell!

Cheers,
Fox

dtale15
January 2nd, 2006, 03:34
good thing to keep watchin
good lookin out

FeAReD
January 2nd, 2006, 18:40
been confirmed it is useless, as i feared...

TimeJack
January 2nd, 2006, 21:31
What is it? The link is not working.

Nono-O
January 3rd, 2006, 14:53
Cool

.:PSP1.0:.
January 4th, 2006, 08:57
Not all PSP's are made in japan.. My 1.0 from japan is made in japan (duhh) but my Australian 2.0 is made in china.. China.. They make everything..! lol

MGFox
January 4th, 2006, 12:21
I'm pretty sure the Update Eboots will be programmed in Japan, however, the point still stands, they could still have been Chinese letters...although, its all gone to a dead end and was an ultimately pointless exercise!

Cheers,
Fox

Cap'n 1time
January 4th, 2006, 15:00
Not all PSP's are made in japan.. My 1.0 from japan is made in japan (duhh) but my Australian 2.0 is made in china.. China.. They make everything..! lol

yes but even so the software is created and listed the same. However most programming languages are always done in english or can be converted to english easily... actually its mostly just math anyways. The point is that the file names are probably in japanese regardless of where the psp was made because its easier to mass produce.

PS that was pretty much all me talking out of my ass.