PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD PSP 0.5.3 Fix (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

wraggster
January 1st, 2006, 22:25
Zelurker (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=neocdpsp&thread=1135939667&page=1) the author of Raine :) has released a new patched version of Yoyofrs NeoGeoCD emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

Version 0.5.3 :- Art of fighting is now playable
- Fixed the broken save states which oculdn't be loaded in most games
- removed the annoying error messages behind the game screen when playing in zoom1 mode.
- Added a binary for firmware 1.0 in the binaries package.
Version 0.5.3-fix :
- Just fixes the loading of unziped cd that I had broken in 0.5.3.
By the way I advice to zip *ALL* the games, unless you have a lot of space to waste, the loading lasts longer, but the playability remains the same, and you save quite a lot of space on your memory card !

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml

DannyPL
January 2nd, 2006, 00:18
i try to run a zipped rom of Metal slug 2, but i get an error with reading the zipped file??? ... can u tell me what I should do in this situation, could u give me a name of a running game on the current version of the emulator ??
One of the hottest Emu for PSP :-D

T-2000
January 2nd, 2006, 01:35
what error you getting, ive reported some zipped roms errors on the forum...

Isulduir
January 2nd, 2006, 02:13
Whats the story with the mp3's. Any special bit rate needed? I have everything working, however the music plays like 10 times too fast.

slayer2psp
January 2nd, 2006, 04:00
sweet emu the best of all the emu for the psp great little update

T-2000
January 2nd, 2006, 12:47
Whats the story with the mp3's. Any special bit rate needed? I have everything working, however the music plays like 10 times too fast.

dunno, i downloaded the games then set them out as req by emu...

jwilds73
January 2nd, 2006, 17:20
i try to run a zipped rom of Metal slug 2, but i get an error with reading the zipped file??? ... can u tell me what I should do in this situation, could u give me a name of a running game on the current version of the emulator ??
One of the hottest Emu for PSP :-D

Are you sure that when you zipped the files together into a zip file that you did not zip a folder containing them? The files themselves must be selected individually and zipped together into a zip file. IE: again they can not be in a folder then zipped together.

DannyPL
January 2nd, 2006, 20:02
I checked the zipped file and the files were not in a folder, they were just zipped together into one zip file. I still don't know what's wrong with it :-(

jwilds73
January 3rd, 2006, 07:29
No clue then, the only problems I had with zipped roms was the extremely long load times on some of the larger games and I do mean extreme. As in hatch a turkey egg, raise the turkey then slaughter it and prepare a turkey dinner then go see if the game has loaded yet. Some smaller games were easily tolerable when zipped but others were not.

djhcg
January 3rd, 2006, 08:06
I tried more than 10 different games with this emulator, all said " Fatal error: could not load neocd.bin"
But i didn't have any problems using the v0.5u4 everything just works fine.
So i have no idea what's the problem for this release.

DannyPL
January 3rd, 2006, 15:36
what does it mean ... Failed Allocating "PRG memory" ??? ... i get that when i try to load an uncompressed demo of Metal Slug

DannyPL
January 3rd, 2006, 17:10
Anybody know any website with a list of greatest, most popular and fun games that ever came out on every console; just like on NEOGEO, NES, SNES, DGEN, etc. ???

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:13
THX for NeoCD emulator

Ennohex
January 5th, 2006, 07:24
Great work so far, but the emu has the same problem as the NEORAGE emulator as far as the digital pad is concerned. That is, you are required to make incomplete motions to perform the circle/half circle moves (fireball moves and such). In other words a down-to-foreward motion must be stopped at the diagonal (down+foreward) for it to work. That frustrates me a little. Anyway, is there any chance that someone could code a neo-geo cartridge console emulator? Keep up the good work.

J Storm
January 5th, 2006, 18:34
what does it mean ... Failed Allocating "PRG memory" ??? ... i get that when i try to load an uncompressed demo of Metal Slug

That's the same error message I get when I try to run either Aerofighter 2 or 3. I left them compressed in the zip file, what am I doing wrong?